WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of us and our planes

Glen Geller Guest

Default Pictures of us and our planes

Hi Gang,
    I am wired in a funny way (ask anyone who knows me!), I like to put a face to the name.
    I'll start with a pic of me with my 55 PA22-150, "One For Papa"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glen with 14P.JPG  

Nice looking airplane Glen.
    Tom T.

cemering Guest

Looks good Glen, I'll scrounge around and see if I have any recent pix of me and mine (plane, that is )

Chuck

How do you post a picture if you don't have a web page? When I tried to post one, it asked for the URL.

Thanks

Paul
    N1431A

joewcasey Guest

Not my best picture, but I don't have much to work with!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tri pacer.jpg  

OK-here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipper (Large).jpg  
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 04-26-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Default Picture

I'm not too sure I have this figured out. If the picture posts then I guess I did it right.

Cheers:

Paul
    N1431A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tri-Pacer 5X4.jpg  

Glen Geller Guest

Default How to post a pitchur:

OK, several folks are challenged with posting a pic, I assume you have a digital camera and load purty pitchurs on your computer, so here's how the site works (if you still have trouble find a middle schooler, they do this all the time!):
    1) Find a purty pitchur of you with your plane.
    2) Open the pitchur in photo editor or paint, and use the resize tool to resize it so it's about the size of a postcard, approx 4x5" on your screen. Edit the image, not the window! The picture should now be <100Kb in size to allow it to post on the forum.
    3) Save as "name and n number", ie, "Larry and 47Bravo", only your name and your plane's N-number. Save it as a .jpg (file type).
    4) Click "Post Reply" at left of forum page (not the usual "Post Quick Reply" at bottom) and write your life story, then in the Additional Options section below your life story, click "Manage Attachments", "Browse", and select the image file you made in step 3. It will all make sense as you follow the guide.
    5) Check all your spelling is good, then click "Submit Reply" -- I don't know if the pic shows in "Preview Post" so don't bother.
    6) Admire your purty pitchur on the internets!
    Last edited by Glen Geller; 04-27-2007 at 04:35 PM.

i got to try that cept my camera usually locks up my puter

Glen Geller Guest

Ha! Running Windows locks up my PC.
    Shopping for a MAC now...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller
    Ha! Running Windows locks up my PC.
    Shopping for a MAC now...
    Glen, here's a place to check Mac prices:
    http://www.pcprices.net/

I've purchased my last 3 Mac's from MacConnection:
    http://www.macconnection.com/home

I hope this helps,
    -Ed

i think ill get that mac mini looks like it be what i need

cemering Guest

Here's me and 23D. Finally found an acceptable picture to post.

PS, I'm 100 today (posts that is!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me&23D.JPG  
    Last edited by cemering; 05-10-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Stephen 998 Guest

Here is my baby, 14D "Clipper/Pacer" above the Cascade Foothills.

Gilbert, who is frantically running away from your plane?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails steve_8_op_800x584.jpg  

Student Pilot Guest

Nice photo of your great machine Stephen.

Have you ever thought of painting the stays in front of you near the windscreen (nice flat winscreen ) flat black? In brighter light the white tends to reflect and effect your vision, with them black you tend not to notice them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen 998
    Here is my baby, 14D "Clipper/Pacer" above the Cascade Foothills.

Gilbert, who is frantically running away from your plane?
    That's me chasing down the photographer from Plane and Pilot who left his flash unit in my airplane. He took my picture while I was chasing him.

It would have been a better picture if my mug was not cluttering it up.

Stephen 998 Guest

Glen, good idea. I must confess I had not noticed them in flight. But, I'm the type of person who never even cleans my reading glasses and thinks that it's just getting dark.

Let's see; I've got to repalce my skylight today, replace rudder pedals tomorrow, annual next week, replace T&B with turn coordinator next, repain my wings and cowl.......then I'll paint the stays. 6 more weeks till retirement, then I'll have time!

planedoc Guest

Hay whats that red and white thingy just under the prop?? its on the wrong end ant it?
    Terry

cemering Guest

Mine's a conscientious bird. She likes to keep her nose to the grind stone instead of up in the air. Besides, she's not too good for anyone! Also, she dressed up in her Sunday best to have her picture taken .

Chuck

Glen Geller Guest

Stephan, I can't take credit for Glenn's idea but I would go one further, I wrapped my cabane struts in lace-on vinyl steering wheel covers, they don't roast the meat off your hand on a hot day and look real swanky.
    Glen not Glenn

Stephen 998 Guest

Two Glen(n) G's is too much for me.

Stephen not Steve or is that Stephan? But, you can call me Steve.

yqspilot Guest

This is my bird Canadian NBQ flown by Ryan Charlton. i've had her since I was 18 y/o. her nickname is Sassy Gurl. She's a 1952 pacer with an O-320.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ryan'n'geoff.JPG   deerhurst.jpg  

Jim Clark Guest

Be sure to post on the Frappr Map for short wings. Great slide show of short wings go to http://www.frappr.com/swpcmembers/map

Smile Sentimental Journey 07

Had a great time at Sentimental Journey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CampingAtSentJourney07.jpg   5949D_SentJourney.jpg  

s4b1106 Guest

Default Our Little Brown Jug

I tried to upload a pic, but the system tells me that it isn't allowed. Don't know where to go from here. Says: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/shortwing.org/httpdocs/forum/attachments/e3bc537881706eb5866ee964c90a56eb) is not within the allowed path(s):

The pic size is 4X3.something and 34.5 KB in size. If anyone has any advice, I'll give it another try.
    Mike

Default N8141C Larry Portouw (can't upload image)

I get two php errors when attempting to upload an image- both have to do with the image not being in the allowed file path(?). Looks like something is broke on the list end- the bath on the error is on the server.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/shortwing.org/httpdocs/forum/attachments/b89bf87774526e75960020d75809add3) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/shortwing.org/httpdocs:/tmp) in /includes/functions_file.php on line 277

Warning: filesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/shortwing.org/httpdocs/forum/attachments/b89bf87774526e75960020d75809add3) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/shortwing.org/httpdocs:/tmp) in /includes/functions_file.php on line 289
    Larry Portouw
    N8141C PA-22
    E95/Benson, AZ

Glen Geller Guest

Default Inserting Images with post

Be sure to use the POST REPLY button to the left of last post (not the POST QUICK REPLY button at bottom center.)
    Verify at the bottom left of page in "Posting Rule" you have permission to post attachments, etc.
    Presize your images to a reasonable size, <200K jpg, not a 3Meg hi-res image.
    In the new "Reply to Thread" window, click the yellow "Insert Image" icon (looks like a little yellow postcard.)
    Tell something about yourself, home location & airport, a couple different views of your plane etc.
    If you still have problems, contact the webmaster using "contact us" at bottom right of page.

s4b1106 Guest

Well, call me blind, but I can't find a "post reply" button anywhere on this page or any other page. At the bottom center of the "quick reply" box are, on the left, "Post Quick Reply" and on the right "Go Advanced". This works the same in Netscape (my browser) or Internet Explorer. When you "Go Advanced" it opens a reply dialog box with an "additional options" box that has controls to select and upload attached images. When I select the images, around 25 kb each time I have attempted, it gives me the same error reply that Larry is getting. So, I don't have the answer, but it either isn't working now, or it needs some simplification for morons like me to use it.
    Mike

s4b1106 Guest

OK, Glenn, the reason that I wasn't finding the "reply" button is that I didn't have it in Hybrid display mode. I found that, changed it to Hybrid and when you hit reply it is the same as the go advanced that I did before and the results are the same.
    Mike

I was going to post a couple of pictures of my fusalage and the freshly covered parts hanging on the walls and my friends taping and painting, but I had the same results as Mike did. Just a little humor for ya.
    Another moron,
    Tom T.

Glen Geller Guest

OK My apologies, I re-read myu original instructions found mid-way on page one of this post, and in fact I got the same invalid format error warning. I think something in the site is hosed.
    Oh Mighty Webmaster, we beseech thee, please help us to post our photos again!

PA15/17Frank Guest

Default Frank and N4699H

I knew I would get aroud to this sooner or later
    Frank and PA 15 Vag on ramp at KGWW (Goldsboro NC). PA 15 was purchased and restored in 2005. TTAF is apx 2200 and engine is a C75. That fat old man in the photo, well thats me !

I HAVE JUST LISTED THIS VAGABOND FOR SALE ON BARNSTORMERS ALONG WITH MORE PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTION FILE. THIS VAG IS A CREAMPUFF.
    Frank
    Last edited by PA15/17Frank; 09-19-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Just listed this plane for sale

Glen Geller Guest

Looks like the photo feature is either restored (Thanks Mithc!) or Frank is some kind of computer guru to post a pic on the site after all others had failed.
    How'd ya do it Frank?

PA15/17Frank Guest

Default No Gurus here

Hi Glenn
    I tried in vain for a couple of nights to upload photos from my drive and finally gave up. The next thing I did was to upload a couple of photos to my free web space (provided by sponsor when you have a free web page) using an FTP program. The files I uploaded were referenced (pointed to using the URL location of the files) in the add photo box that comes up when you click on the yellow icon (looks like a postcard) just above the reply to message box. It actually worked pretty easy after I quit trying to include the wrong directory name in the address to locate my files! Did you happen to notice the red X where my picture was supposed to be that was on the page for a day or so. That meant that the SWP server could not locate the file.
    When you get a chance go to the main SWP page and notice that on the photo gallery main page the Vagabond thumbnail is no longer there. I tried twice to upload a picture there and only managed to get the photo description to appear and erased the main page thumbnail in the process??? Hope this info helps.
    Last edited by PA15/17Frank; 08-16-2007 at 01:40 AM.

Frank, I'm interested in seeing the photos of your Vagabond. Can you please post the url for where the are. I can't find them.
    -Ed

PA15/17Frank Guest

Default Photos

Hi Ed
    The only photos I have on the web so far are the one that is two posts before this one and the ones that you see here. I am adding the photos below of PA 15 to 17 conversion today. More to come later.

Last edited by PA15/17Frank; 08-16-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Add Photo

Frank
    that is a beautiful airplane

Wow! Very nice! Incredible panel, fantastic paint job. That's something to be proud of Frank.

-Ed

PA15/17Frank Guest

Default PA 15/17 conversion

Thanks guys for the nice compliments.
    I will post a photo of the plane when I got it and you wont believe the transformation. I found it in a hanger in Louisiana with the wing spar cracked / bent, one gear folded under the fuslage and prop strike damage. Results from the dreaded ground loop. What you see is the result of two years of rebuild from the ground up and several improvements (conversion to 17). Now the plane is a 2006 model

I enjoy hearing stories like that one Frank. You did a great job.
    -Ed