WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Free Golden Eagle Flight Planner

Default Free Golden Eagle Flight Planner

There are zillions of flight planners out there, and everyone has their favorite. But I ran across a free one that is the best I have ever used. It is on the CSC DUATS on the Web. Once at the site, page down to the bottom and click on Golden Eagle and Cirrus Programs to go to the information page.

For free, this program has it all. The enroute screen has every thing a GPS has. Gives position where ever the mouse is, displays B,C, and D airspace, MTA's and altitude restrictions, METARS, TAFs, Wind Barbs and even does weight and balance, and a bunch of other good stuff.

You can download the program direct to your computer and it is updated every time a change comes out. You can also call 1-800-345-3828 and they will send you a free disk with the same Golden Eagle program. The disk can be taken on trips for flight planning.

If you have not checked it out, give it a try. I think you will be impressed.

Wayne Guest

I also think it is a great program. It graphically displays the TFRs as well as being a source for a legal flight briefing. WAyne

Agreed, Ive been using it for at least a couple years.
    "Some people are like a Slinky, absolutely useless but you cant help but smile when you push them down the stairs."