WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Nice Looking Tripacer

Default Nice Looking Tripacer

Some pictures of Mark Worsham's Tripacer. Check out the fuselage and the "hump" for more head room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mark Worsham Tripacer 1.JPG   Mark Worsham Tripacer 2.JPG  

OK, now that we can post pictures please let us know how to do it.
    You're the man Homer,
    Tom T.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Colt

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 81Z101.jpg   panel102.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tom T.
    OK, now that we can post pictures please let us know how to do it.
    You're the man Homer,
    Tom-

Click "post reply". Scroll down to the "manage attachments" button, and click that. Click "browse" and select "my pictures" or "my documents" or wherever your pictures are stored on your 'puter.

Select a picture you want to post, and preview it. Right click on the picture, then left click "properties" and note the file size. The limit on this site is 90Kb, I believe. If your pic is larger than that, you will need to open the picture in an image editing program, and resize it (600x400 will probably be small enough). Then, save your resized image and go back to the "manage attachments" window. Click "browse" again, and find the filename that you saved your picture as. Click on that filename and it will appear in the box below your list of files. Click "select", and you will be taken back to the "manage attachments" window. Click "upload" and wait until your filename appears under "attachments". Then click "close window" to go back to the reply window. Click "submit reply", and, your picture will appear as a thumbnail, attached to your reply.

Using the "manage attachments" function is pretty easy. Having to resize your images to comply with the size restrictions of this site is kind of a pain, but, at least we can attach photos, now.

If all else fails, find a 12-year-old to walk you through it.

EDIT: I notice in another forum that you got a picture to post. I'll leave this description here to confuse someone else!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Rasmussen; 02-10-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Mark, I will try it next Wednesday after I get all my fairings on. It was easy on the new site, and I am sure it will be about the same now that our Homer has fixed it.
    I will be refering to your directions Mark, and thanks.
    You are right about the 12 year olds, if I do get stuck I just call my 14 year old grandson and he fixes it. Gets a little disgusted in the ol man sometimes tho.
    OK, I am trying it out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails finally some wings!!.jpg   and it's wired too!.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom T.; 02-11-2008 at 01:26 AM.
    Tom T.

Hi Tom;
    I saw you got pictures uploaded after you asked the question so I didn't come back with anything. Mark's procedure is correct. As far as size limitations, and how to pare the size down with a picture editor, it will be difficult with me to keep up with everyone's editor and help them use it, there are dozens of picture editors in use, but I'll see what I can do. The pictures are limited in size in respect to the fact that not everyone is on cable modem, nor have blazing speed processors. Some people are on older machines and dial up connections and to download greater than 90K for a single picture and 90K X numbers of times for more than one picture will tie up their computer for an inordinate amount of time and will be a real drag to sit there and look at the hour glass and a sign that says that the downloading is in progress for 4 or 5 minutes. However, what you can do if you want a picture bigger is to just store the picture on your computer and then off-line open that file up and expand it using your picture editing program. A 90 K picture, which is the limitation on this site, will expand to fill out almost the whole computer screen and still keep a reasonable granularity and clarity. I can write up a checklist for any of this if anyone would like it done.

Default Test picture

We'll see if I can follow instructions

Paul
    N1431A
    KPLU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N1431A.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Landreth
    Hi Tom;
    I saw you got pictures uploaded after you asked the question so I didn't come back with anything. Mark's procedure is correct. As far as size limitations, and how to pare the size down with a picture editor, it will be difficult with me to keep up with everyone's editor and help them use it, there are dozens of picture editors in use, but I'll see what I can do. The pictures are limited in size in respect to the fact that not everyone is on cable modem, nor have blazing speed processors. Some people are on older machines and dial up connections and to download greater than 90K for a single picture and 90K X numbers of times for more than one picture will tie up their computer for an inordinate amount of time and will be a real drag to sit there and look at the hour glass and a sign that says that the downloading is in progress for 4 or 5 minutes. However, what you can do if you want a picture bigger is to just store the picture on your computer and then off-line open that file up and expand it using your picture editing program. A 90 K picture, which is the limitation on this site, will expand to fill out almost the whole computer screen and still keep a reasonable granularity and clarity. I can write up a checklist for any of this if anyone would like it done.
    Thanks Homer, we be a learning lotsa stuff here.
    Tom T.

Wayne Guest

Default Pacer Yoke

Here are the Beechcraft yokes I used in my other plane. I am working on getting them legal in the PA22/20. Also the Honda Trail 70 in the back of the PA22/20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06220001.jpg   paceryoke.jpg  

Wayne Guest

Thanks Homer, the picture attach works well now.