WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Nice Tri-Pacer

Default Nice Tri-Pacer

Just landed in KINT (Winston-Salem) and saw this gorgeous bird in Landmark Aviation's hangar. Really, pretty. Belong to anyone on here?

Kurt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00146.jpg   IMG00147.jpg   IMG00148.jpg  
    Ex-Vice President

63' Colt

As of 21 Sept it was registered to Mr Stephen Culler
    "Some people are like a Slinky, absolutely useless but you cant help but smile when you push them down the stairs."

Here's another one. On the ramp last week in MMPR (Puerto Vallarta).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP1260.jpg  
    Ex-Vice President

63' Colt

Is it my imagination or is that an oil cooler cover i see? We are talking Puerto Vallarta Mexico right?

Soooo, can any of you tell what is in that picture that causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand out?

Rocket

Looks like a cover to keep the local bird population out. If you look REAL close you can see covers over the engine cooling opening too.

Geoff N.

Geoff
    I think you are right. Although trying to keep a bird out of the engine compartment of one of our Tri-pacer seems a little.... well, difficult.

It is the attached tow bar that causes heartburn. Why it seems like it was only yesterday that we were running out of the office waving our arms hoping the new Cherokee owner or his CFI would see us before applying the power to taxi. Good thing they did. Preflight?

Never, never, never, Mother F'n ever walk away from that tow bar without first removing it; makes a fine chock. The plane you save might be your own. Did I tell you about the Mark Air Caravan and the gas powered nose tow bar. Caravan xray mike alpha be advised there is a red object hanging from your nose gear...

Rocket

"Red thing on the nose" - you sure it wasn't Rudolph - he called in the other night. He was out doing a final "radio check flight" before the big trip on the 24th

"It is the attached tow bar that causes heartburn."

Ah yes, the tow bar. Missed that completely! And you're absolutely right. Heard the one about the Bonanza driver that took off with a concrete block still tied to his tail?
    Geoff