WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New PDF Issues of SWPN?

Question New PDF Issues of SWPN?

Are we going to continue to get the PDF version of the SWPN uploaded to the Members-Only section of the site? I haven't seen the July-August or September-October issues show up on there yet. It's still the May-June 2011 issue. I usually download these all to my iPad to take with me when I travel for work.

Thanks,
    Dave
    N6929D
    Trempealeau, WI
    -------------------------------------------
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA-22-150/160
    N6929D
    My Photos

Hi Dave, we are still keeping this format of the SWPNews. It has either has to be sent to the provider or the if he has it, he has to upload it.
    I have a scheduled phone meeting with the provider and will bring up this point.

thxs

Peter Lubig
    President

PS, thxs for bringing up points like this, I need to know.

I just purchased an iPad. How do you get the PDF to the iPad? My first glance at the iPAD makes it appear that everything has to go through the Apple people to get to the iPAD.

Thanks

Paul
    N1431A
    2AZ1

Paul,
    Go to apple store on your pad and download a free pdf app. Evernote works well for some situations too. Love my ipad.
    John
    John

You can also download iBooks from the App Store. Email any .pdf to yourself, open it on the iPad, then if you tap on the screen, in the upper right you should be able to select "open in iBooks". At least this works with Gmail, not sure about other email apps. It will save the .pdf on your iPad and you can read, bookmark, and search content at your leisure by viewing it in iBooks. I just downloaded and saved 8 issues that way. Cool! Good Reader is another app that will view, highlight, annotate, etc, .pdfs, but it isn't free. iBooks however, is.

Kurt
    Ex-Vice President

63' Colt

You can also just use iTunes to sync the PDF to your iPad and view with iBooks like others have said. Simply download the PDF from Shortwing.org to your computer. Then drag the PDF to your library in iTunes and perform a sync. It should show up in iBooks.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA-22-150/160
    N6929D
    My Photos

So when will the latest PDF version be available and continue to show up for download.
    Can you somehow change your membership to only get the digital version and not have the paper version mailed.

That is a great idea. Maybe the .pdf version could contain all color photos, since there are no printing costs associated.

Kurt
    Ex-Vice President

63' Colt

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I'm tracking down how to either find the person that has uploaded the SWNews to the site, or I will see if I can do it my self. I just learned the other day how to submit information to the site and will see how to work the rest of the site. It has been an interesting process so far.
    In the meantime perhaps one idea is that we can automatically email a copy directly to the members that wish to receive one until we figure this out.

Peter Lubig
    President

Quote Originally Posted by pjl57 View Post
    In the meantime perhaps one idea is that we can automatically email a copy directly to the members that wish to receive one until we figure this out.

Peter Lubig
    President
    That would be great, Peter! I personally love getting both the print and digital. Digital is great when I travel for work and to have when I head down to the hangar to work on 29D. The print copy is nice to have at home to read while eating dinner. ;-)
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA-22-150/160
    N6929D
    My Photos

yingxuy Guest

How do you get in PDF format iPad? At first glance, made ​​me appear in the iPad, all from people who go to the Apple iPad.

I'm having the latest issue sent to me to TRY to post on the website.

Stay tuned.

Peter

Great, Peter! Looking forward to it.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA-22-150/160
    N6929D
    My Photos

Hi Peter! Have you had any luck with getting the back-issues for posting on the website?
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA-22-150/160
    N6929D
    My Photos

I know this is an old thread but I think this is the best place for this question.

Where is the archive of past SWPN issues? I'm missing one that I need to take a look at, specifically July/August/September of 2017. The new website is nice but I am still encountering some broken links!

Thank you to the volunteers that keep the site running!

Jim
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

Jim,

I thought there was an archive of the old issues on the web site as well, but I couldn't find it either. I do have a PDF copy of the July/August /September 2017 issue that I will sent to your forum registered email address.

Tom Anderson

Thank you Tom!
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480