WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: PA20 Wide landing gear.

Default PA20 Wide landing gear.

Hello All…………Question? I own a stock 1950 PA20 Pacer and I have been told that it looks as if it has the wide landing gear. Question is? Is there a measurement or a part number to determine if it has the wide gear? If so where would I find the part number or where to take the measurement? What would be the measurement of the wide gear verses the standard gear? Any and all help in the matter would be helpful. I have also asked the folks at Univair and they could not give me an answer.

Thanks………..
    Jeff

Thanks for the info Todd......Also not sure about the traling edge tube fairing you are talking about. But I will mesure from center to center on the wheel tread and see what I come up with.

Thanks again........

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer125 View Post
    Hello All…………Question? I own a stock 1950 PA20 Pacer and I have been told that it looks as if it has the wide landing gear. Question is? Is there a measurement or a part number to determine if it has the wide gear? If so where would I find the part number or where to take the measurement? What would be the measurement of the wide gear verses the standard gear? Any and all help in the matter would be helpful. I have also asked the folks at Univair and they could not give me an answer.

Thanks………..
    Jeff
    The Univair gear has 1 1/2 inch axles the original has 1 1/4 inch axles

The wheel sits and spins on the axle it is round and has a round nut on it holding the wheel and tire on easy to measure. Be sure to measure the axle and not the nut.
    Dave