WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Front seat install problems

Default Front seat install problems

had to remove front bench seat in my '53 Pacer to access battery (dead) for a jump start. Had a bit of trouble getting the seat out and back in. Now that it is in, it wants to move backwards without notice. Both rear track pins are in place and I cannot pick up the front of the seat, so I think the two side sliders are in place. The spring in the adjustment lever is fine, too. But, if any pressure is placed on the top of the seat back or any hip scooting, rotating the front of the seat upward slightly, makes the adjustment pin slip out and the seat move backwards. This was not a problem before i took the seat out. Must have done something wrong with re-install. Can you help a guy out, here, please? Thanks!
    Slipping the surly bonds of Earth...

You could have missed the front of the seat to go in a guide. This is where the lever pin goes into also.

Check that.

Peter

Hey Peter,
    Thanks for the quick reply! Steve Pierce was kind enough to reply on the other shortwing site and included some great photos showing all the attach points and guide positions. You are both correct, I'm sure, that it is the center rail channel that is not in place. Wasn't going to fly it without the seat being right--too risky, too much blood spilled over that mistake already by others before me. Missed a big fly-in today because of it, but now I know and am better for it. Give me a shout when your down my way again. Hopefully, I'll be in town next time and we can get together. Look forward to it...
    Slipping the surly bonds of Earth...