X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomEdmondson
    Novice Forumator
    • Jul 2013

Antique Aircraft Assoc (AAA) FLY IN Labor Day 2014 Weekend 450 AIRCRAFT

WHO IS GOING? Labor Day Weekend ===BLAKESBURG, IA "IA27" Antique Airfield Fly-in??? Over 450 vintage/antique/classic aircraft on the field (near Ottumwa, IA). I'm just trying to see what other Short Wingers will be there this year (3 were last year). This is like seeing the BEST airplanes you've ever seen in air museums or hanging in ceilings on display now taxing right past you on the airfield AND don't be surprised when the pilot yells, "Hey YOU, hop in, let's go for a riide!" I got rides in 6 vintage aircraft and flew 3 of them! Man-o-man, a weekend I'll NEVER forget and made a ton of pilot friends that I can't wait to go meet up with again in just a few weeks. You must join AAA (upon landing and registering for the event) but worth every cent! Come and see for yourself, I'm hooked on this event every year now.

http://www.antiqueairfield.com/flyin...nd-screen.html
    TOM EDMONDSON, BORN 1953 and own 3 1953 vehicles
  • ysifly2
    Novice Forumator
    • Jul 2010

I would like to make it... Blocked off the time as vacation from work... So weather permitting and getting the plane back in the air... I may be there.

Bryan

Comment

• N4582Z
      New Forumator
      • Sep 2012

I plan to be there again. Hope we can get a gathering of short wingers at antique airfield! Look for N3468A - red/white 53 PA22-135. I plan to be there Thursday - Saturday of course if the weather permits.

Comment

Working...