WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: "Cruise Stop"

Default "Cruise Stop"

At KIFN, I'm about as close to sea level as one can get. I'd like to set the cruise stop as described in the POH. I have zero understanding of what/where it is. I'm presuming or has something to do with that collar around the throttle. I'd appreciate hearing from somebody very familiar with the cruise stop and how to set it. Thanks. Dennis

That's KFIN

I would really appreciate anybody who has knowledge and understanding of the cruise-stop feature responding. Thanks. Dennis

Soquetero,

If you have the original throttle cable in your plane, pull the throttle all the way out to the idle position. You will see a small notch in the throttle shaft about an inch from the knob. This notch is the "cruise stop". You should be able to detect this notch when you push the throttle in and the notch hits the throttle lock. Depending on how your throttle linkage is set up, this may or may not be an acceptable cruise throttle position. You may have to adjust the position by adding spacers to the throttle friction lock as described in the owners handbook.

Tom Anderson

For Tom: Thanks for replying. I flew around low MSL today. Couldn't "feel" the cruise stop engage, but then I'm bumble-fingered left handed. Didn't know to look for a notch in the throttle shaft. I'll look for it tomorrow when I inspect the plane (replacing rotating beacon). I think you confirmed my suspicion that the collar around the throttle shaft is a throttle lock of some sort. I'm a bit disappointed that the cruise, even wide open, is no where near the book's 137 mph.