WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful !

Post Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful !

The bold headline on the home page our club's website is still inviting us to sign up for the 2016 convention. That was 7 months ago! Additionally, many of the website links are broken. What's going on?
    Last edited by Tom Anderson; 11-13-2017 at 01:02 AM.

The website is the club's most public and visible presence. It should be our primary vehicle for communications and membership recruitment. But now it is irrelevant. Whoever is ultimately responsible for its upkeep must not care very much about the club's success.

I agree completely. This web board isn't far behind.
    As I type this the toolbar in the reply window is basically blank.
    I know we have/had a new webmaster in Ira but I don't know what extent he is engaged in the process.
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

I just went to the main homepage (versus the forum homepage) and I see that there has been some
    updating taking place. The banner is now for the 2017 convention, and Ira has been doing an update
    on the page (thank you!) I'm glad to see some progress but looking at the forum page we have areas
    that have been untouched for three years or more, so little activity, sad.

SWPC 15480

SWPC
    The web site is supposed to be the best communication link for our Club. I think the Board meetings should be put on the website, and then the Members would have some info on how the SWPC is doing and would have more interest in the SWPC. All the members should know how the SWPC is doing instead of just the President. The way it is now the members have no say in the operation of the SWPC so they don't care because they can't change anything or even heard from except at the Convention and a lot of the members can't attend.
    This Website cost a lot of money every year and we need to use it to its fullest capacity.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K
    Member# 1534

It would be nice to know who all plans to attend the Convention in Lancaster. I'm glad they finally got something on the website to promote it, but I hope it isn't too late. There could be some fun things to do in PA if you have the time, money, and transportation to get around.
    Dan

I'm attending with my 11-year old grandson. But we're staying in the Hampton Inn, as the
    Lancaster Host Resort & Conference Center has such terrible online reviews. We're flying Delta to Harrisburg and picking up a rental car.

Any one know the date for the 2018 Convention? The Model A convention in Branson is the last week in June, Trying to decided which one or both I can attend.
    The web site only shows Saratoga, 2013 ??? and Lancaster.
    Gilbert Pierce
    Ex Board Member

Gilbert, the 2018 SWPC Convention is June 25-28 in Grayland, Mi. We are in the process of appointing Tom Edmondson as Web Manager and Bob Finley assisting. We hope to have an active Web very soon with a lot of info about the Convention and other info.

Fred Mayes

I'm going to bring this thread back. The new website looks good, got my password reset, clicked around. So far the only thing I noticed is that I cannot access the store, hovering over the hot button it looks like the link is invalid, it only has a pound sign (hashtag to the youngins) after the main website address.

Keep up the good work. Next this forum needs to be repaired!

Jim

SWPC 15480

What is broken on the forum?

I've attempted to post three times now, let me see if this works.

I tried to post a screenshot of the problem with a quote of your post, no go.
    I tried to post a screenshot without the quote, nada.
    I tried to reply with a quote of your post Steve, zilch.

So just a straight message, see if it posts. The buttons are all blank on this reply box, they are there but every time I've used one I just get an error, I took a screenshot of that too. I will send the screenshots to the webmaster email that announced the new website.

Jim

SWPC 15480

I also attempted a post yesterday on this thread that didn’t make it. Mine was referencing a number of broken links to previous posts.
    lorin

We have updated the version of vBulletin that the forum runs on. This has fixed may of the problems, but not necessarily al of them. We will be working on the remaining issues as we find them. You should be able to post pictures and urls with no problem now. Anyone willing to assist in this effort please PM me or send a message to swpcforums@gmail.com,

Forum Administrator