WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New member from Enterprise, Kansas

Default New member from Enterprise, Kansas

Hello everyone, I've browsed though this website off and on a couple of years and thought I'd get onboard. I've owned my "Hoopty" 1965 Tripacer since 2006. I got into the short wings after a couple friends took my up in their Pacer and Tripcares. I picked up some project Tripacers too. One that I donated to our local EAA Chapter for teaching the kids in our Wing Nuts program how to rebuild. It's coming along. The other I need to recover the wings and get back in the air. I'm just about ready to get my main bird back in the air, I had to replace all four cylinders with fresh overhauled ones. Next is ordering off a new battery, then we go up.
    i grew up in Alaska and have these "bush plane" tendencies.... I'd like to build up a Bushmaster or a Producer, but I figure that I'll always have a Tripacer stashed away. I'll probably have questions about modifications, but I'll keep them about the short wings and not the long wings on this site. My third plane is a beat up Apache, "The Money Pit", and yes, I'm a glutton for punishment...

Hi Russ,

Welcome to the club and the forum. I am flying a 1956 PA-22-150 and I have the SJ-16 battery and would recommend it highly! It is half the weight and about half the cost. Wit the STC and the price of the battery it cost about the same as a Concord or Gill battery.

Steve

I’m looking at Svenn’s battery STC for the SJ16, next month... I already installed VG’s years ago. Works great! I’m stopping by the Wichita FSDO next month to discuss moving out the ailerons and stretching flaps after I square off the wingtips (Svenn’s STC most likely). I want to do it on one of the project birds first since I have a set of wings uncovered. I’ll post updates as to what I can get the FSDO to agree with...

I believe Svenn's STC is SA02734CH. See STCs in the Maintenance Data Depot on the Club's website.

Tom Anderson