WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New Canadian Pacer owner

Default New Canadian Pacer owner

Thank you for adding me to the club! My name is Jim - from just north of Calgary Canada! I recently purchased a 61 Pacer 20/22. It has had an extensive rebuild in recent years however needs just a little more love to get flying. This is my second plane and first ever tail dragger - so I now have some more learning to do. Looking forward to the challenge and also the camaraderie of a new group of enthusiasts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8429.jpg  

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the SWPC and ownership of a shortwing Piper. Nice looking plane and I wish I had the left side door! Does your plane have a drooped leading edge?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve - thanks! Yes is does have a dropped leading edge - and from what I'm told the wings are extended too.... ought to be a fun one to fly- but I'm not sure yet how it performs and of course have nothing to compare it to. The left door still needs a few bits to get it working comfortably but the view should be amazing once I get it airbone.
    Blue Skies
    Jim

Nice looking Pacer! Looks like Cub gear too. The tips extend the wing a bit but the main structure looks about the same as stock except squared off. I have Stewart tips on my 22/20, that extra wing area out there is noticeable! There is a Tri-Pacer at Innisfail (CEM4), one of the owners is Shane, good guy! He's also involved in the gliding operation there and works with Hillman up at Red Deer.

Welcome aboard!

Jim
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480