WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Leading edge exhaust for a tri pacer

Default Leading edge exhaust for a tri pacer

Does anyone have leading edge exhaust on their tri pacer with the 0-320? My factory system has been welded on multiple times so itís due for a total swap of both sets of pipes. Is performance that much better than stock? Price wise factory exhaust seems just as expensive as leading edge. Is anyone aware of any other exhaust system options for the 0-320 tri pacer? Thanks in advance

Dane Wagner, owner of Leading Edge Exhaust passed away and no one had bought the company so it is no longer available. Did not fit very well on our airplanes. Several people bought and installed the system and posted about it here.
    http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...g-Edge-Exhaust

You might contact Dawley (link below) for an estimate on "repairing" your existing system. I "quote" the term repair, because they, in essence, (perhaps) "save" one of your flanges, and "repair" your exhaust system by replacing everything else (then repair that system by replacing one flange). I have heard they also will build a system "to customer specifications", to be installed as an "owner fabricated part". As I read the FAR's it is perfectly legal, but I would advise you check in advance with your A&P/IA on how comfortable they are with either of the above "procedures". If you go with the "owner fabricated" part, I believe it is a HUGE improvement to have slip joints added to the crossover pipes.

I really don't know how the prices will compare, but I have used them several times (for different planes) and they do outstanding work.

http://www.dawleyaviation.com/?_vsre...xoCER4QAvD_BwE

Go to the shortwingpipers.org forum, and search for exhaust systems. There is a wealth of information on different systems - most all of them requiring field approvals - which can be VERY difficult to get, depending on the FSDO.