WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Finding a rear door locking rod and clip

Default Finding a rear door locking rod and clip

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a rear door "Rod Locking". Part number is listed as 12668-02 or 12668-03 and the clip is listed as 454-888. I have looked everywhere I can think of to look and no one seems to have this part. I can't even find the specs of the actual part as that would at least allow me to have a machine shop down the road from me to make one. I am using a nail to lock the door from the inside but would much prefer something more original looking.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Regards,
    SRN

Hi,

I was wondering if you are still looking for the "Rod, Locking". I have attached a picture of an extra one I have that you are welcome to, if you think it will fit. this one came off an early PA22 (with the 'tear drop' shaped windows, but I am pretty sure it will fit all PA22's (not sure about PA20's. The knob is a little rough, but I have buffed out rougher ones, & they turned out good as new. You can get "plastic dye" in rattle cans in a variety of colors, should be able to match your interior.

Let me know... paulandgloriawatts@gmail.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Door Lock.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	2830

Thank you Paul, arrived in the mail today. glad to finally get rid of that nail......