WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: FNG from Southwest Kansas

Default FNG from Southwest Kansas

Hey Guys,

New member and new PA-20 owner here. Heck, brand new pilot too. Past my Private checkride a few days ago. Working on my tailwheel in my own plane now. Really glad this resource is here for us. Based at 36K.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pacer.jpg  

Congratulations!! Welcome to the club and the forum. Consider flying to the Southwest Regional in September.

Tom Anderson

Welcome to the club and keep us posted on your progression. Nice looking Pacer, how is the tailwheel endorsement going? Have you logged many hours since passing your check ride?

Steve

I've managed to log about a dozen hours since checkride. Unfortunately only one of those in the Pacer. The only tailwheel instructor I can find around here is too busy crop dusting to play instructor. Frustrating but that's how it is for now.

Don't get discouraged. Take this time to practice your crosswind takeoffs and landings and making the correct control inputs on the ground, because you will find it is very important in the tail-dragger. Remember we have all been there and we know how excited you are to fly your own airplane, but take the time and get it right the first time. Take some note from lessons learned and post them or write an article for the Short Wing Piper News and maybe help the next guy following behind you.

Keep us posted,

Steve

I wish I could help you. Do you have your private ticket? I live in Lebanon, Mo. so we are not real close, but maybe we could work something out.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K
    417-531-1278

Thanks for the encouragement. It will all work out in the end. I'll be turning dollars into fun before I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Mayes View Post
    I wish I could help you. Do you have your private ticket? I live in Lebanon, Mo. so we are not real close, but maybe we could work something out.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K
    417-531-1278
    Hi Fred,

Would be great if you were closer. Yes, I finished my private about a month ago. I was surprised when I looked at your sig. It seems our Pacers were litter mates. Mine is N7479K.

Wow, that is neat. We will have to take some pictures of the Pacers together.

Fred Mayes

Okay guys, it looks like you will both have to fly to Wichita for the convention next year so we can get a nice cover shot for the Short Wing Piper news!

Steve Carruthers

Steve that is a good idea and would be a lot of fun. These Pacers will be 70 years old next year. I am not telling how old I will be.

Fred Mayes

Okay, Maybe I should work on something special for Oshkosh next year then? Lets start getting all of the pacers on board for a Mass arrival at KOSH next year, what do you think?

Steve Carruthers

Steve that is a good idea. I would like to see a big push also to get more airplanes to the Convention. Even more members would be good also.

Fred Mayes

Sounds like some good ideas there.