WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Preflight Kneeboard Generator

Default Preflight Kneeboard Generator

Surfing on the web I ran across a pretty cool tool to help with prefilght planning. it is very simple to use and helpful getting the information needed for the departure and arrive airports. Give it a try and just play with it, its free so you have nothing to lose.

www.preflightdata.com

Click on type trip, enter the identifier for the departure and arrival airports, then click on Get Flight Data. You can also get METAR/TAF, then click on Generate Kneeboard and print. It will print in landscape, ten fold it in half and it will fit a kneeboard and you are set.

Enjoy,

Steve Carruthers
    SWPC President

Please leave feedback for others if you try this preflight planning tool.

Thanks,

Steve

I 'played around' with it & it works great! I have it bookmarked now in my "Flight Planning" folder. I hope to get my plane flying soon, so I can put it to use.

Thanks for the info!

Paul

I am glad you find this useful! I can only take credit for posting it and have nothing to do with the website, but I thought it was really useful and use it myself.

Thanks for the feedback,

Steve

I put in a flight from KMWO TO KMOP which is almost directly North an it shows an on course heading of 182 degrees. 180 degrees off. When I put in other destinations they seem correct. Not sure what the problem is. Otherwise it looks like a handy tool

Tom Anderson

Tom, good catch! The problem has been reported and hopefully fixed soon. I have found it saves me time in my preflight planning and gives me a place for notes along my route of flight.

Steve

I reported the heading issue to them last night and it is already fixed. Very fast service. I think it will be a handy tool. With "Write on PDF" you can make notes on it electronically in the air for squawk codes etc. Better than paper.

Tom Anderson

I also reported it to him and like you said, it's already fixed. I have used it on a couple of flights and it helped keep the me organized and I didn't have to fumble with a lot of loose paper and my handwriting. I hope everyone else finds it to be useful.

Steve