WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Hello! I'm new here.

Default Hello! I'm new here.

Hello, everyone. I'm happy to be a new member and a new short wing Piper owner. I recently purchased N7157D, a 1957 PA-22 150. I purchased the airplane to complete my pilot training, which started when I was 15 years old back in 1986. I soloed on my 16th birthday and promptly ran out of money. College came along, then a family. I took a few hours of light sport lessons but the cost made it clear that buying a plane was the way to go.

We have been working on the plane for the last few weeks to get it back in the air, which we did yesterday! She is not the prettiest, as the paint has seen better days, but the plane is very solid. I am very excited for this new adventure!
    (sorry for the blurriness of the pic, I had just finished washing it and was soaked)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69711642_10220380574609530_7830113710076067840_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	2858

Welcome to the club!!

Hi Patrick, Welcome to the club and please do not hesitate to ask anyone in the club if you need anything. Not 100% sure where Dallastown PA is, but the Mid-Atlantic chapter covers PA and we hope to see you at an airport sometime soon. We are here to help you and most of us like to fly anyplace with food, so lets have lunch sometime.

Steve

Lunch sounds good! I purchased the plane to complete my license, so it will be a few months before I am on my own. I have the plane based at Clearview Airpark, 2W2, near Westminster, Md.

I am fimaliar with Clearview, because I live in Maryland and fly from 2W6 (St. Mary's). I get up to the northern part of MD often as well as sountern PA. Feel free to ask anything, if you have questions. If I cannot answer your question the club has a lot of qualified people that can. You can contact me here or on FaceBook, or email me directly.

Keep us posted on the progress of your training!

Steve