PDA

View Full Version : Woolsley Panel Mod.

Tom T.
02-20-2007, 01:00 AM
:confused: Has anyone recently put in the Woolsly panel mod? I looked it up on Andy's site and it looks to be a neet deal. Especially if I read the price right, $120 and has some paper available as well. Looks like my Lowrance 2000 would fit in there real nice with the docking station I have on order.
Tom T. :)

d.grimm
02-20-2007, 08:56 AM
That was my Pacer on Andy's site. Woolsey panel was very nicely done. Installation took me an afternoon. Only thing I would do different would be powdercoat instead of paint. Had a little chipping around the screw heads.

Tom T.
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
That was my Pacer on Andy's site. Woolsey panel was very nicely done. Installation took me an afternoon. Only thing I would do different would be powdercoat instead of paint. Had a little chipping around the screw heads.

I will send you a private email if that is ok, you sure have a cool looking set up there!
Tom T. :)

planedoc
02-21-2007, 02:36 AM
could you all plz post his web address.
Thanks

Tom T.
02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
could you all plz post his web address.
Thanks
:confused: Try
http://home.earthlink.net/~andy2220

go to downloads

Glen Geller
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
That sure is a nice panel in David's plane.
Are there any options for a 1955 and older PA2X, with the level glare shield?
GG

Tom T.
02-21-2007, 02:11 PM
:confused: :confused:
That sure is a nice panel in David's plane.
Are there any options for a 1955 and older PA2X, with the level glare shield?
GG
I am having a problem getting in touch with these people, I have called twice and left message. My email will not go thru as per their click on address. Anybody got any more ideas?
Tom T.

Jim Clark
02-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Glen, here is what I did with my 1955 PA22/20 with the Jag Air Frame Mod STC. The panel only raised 3/8 inch to accomodate the entire Garmin IFR stack.

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=479101&img=panel_1_sized.j.jpg

Tom T.
02-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Were the 51 and the 55 the same size panel from the factory?
Woolsley sent me an email and told me their panel as designed, would not work in my 51. He also mentioned he could modify one to work, but has no time to take on a project just now.
The one Jim Clark has looks great but I want the docking station, trans, and a simple com radio like an Icom 200 or valcom. I have a vert card compass and dont want a dg. I also have an electric turn and bank. This should be a fairly easy panel to put together.
As things are right now, there is no hurry to build a panel untill we get a little farther on the recover BS. And that is starting to progress quite well.
Tom T.
How do I get in touch with the Jag Air Frame people?

taildraggerpilot
02-22-2007, 09:39 AM
The Jag Airframe mod involves cutting and welding some tubes as well as building a new panel. If a new panel is desired, one can be built without an STC because the panel is non structural it would simply be a logbook entry by the A&P. The panel I designed and built cost me less than $100 for the materials including having it cut with a waterjet machine.

Don Petty
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Tom,
The Jag Air STC changes the tubing behind the panel to allow space for center mounted avonics. That is what the STC is. You can lay out a new instrument panel any way you wish and it just takes a Form 337 since it is not a structural change.
I can not figure how to post a picture of my panel on this Forum. Send me your e-mail address and I'll try to e-mail you a picture.
I believe the 51 and 55 panels were all straight on the top, 56 is the first year of the
two level.
Don

Glen Geller
02-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Ben, Thanks for the pic, looks awsome! One day when I have tons of money for new instruments and radios too!
Don, click on POST REPLY button just above the post you wish to reply, not the Quick Reply field at bottom of page. Then you can insert pics into the message.
Cheers,
Helpful Glen

Don Petty
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Glen, Maybe I'm blind but I can not find the POST REPLY button, only the Post Quick Reply and Go Advanced buttons.
Don

p_everette
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Click on the go advanced, towards the bottom is a manage attachments buttom.

Phil

Don Petty
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Phil,
Thanks, I have done that but it says that my file is too large to be accepted! It will not accept the photo of my panel!
Don

p_everette
02-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Don,
I know there is a size limit, I don't know what it is though. I checked the FAQ's the limit was not there either.

Phil

av8or38834
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I built a new panel for my 52' Pacer and moved the radios to a center stack and also installed a panel dock for my Lowrance 2000. I didn't have to do any tube mods, so all that was needed was a log book entry. I can send anyone who would like to have it a picture of my new panel.
av8or38834

Tom T.
03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I built a new panel for my 52' Pacer and moved the radios to a center stack and also installed a panel dock for my Lowrance 2000. I didn't have to do any tube mods, so all that was needed was a log book entry. I can send anyone who would like to have it a picture of my new panel.
av8or38834
Now, that is exactly what I want to do. If you would send me a picture of yours, and what all it entailed I would appreciate it. :)
tomstoyflyer@earthlink.net

sdtripacer
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Eddie:
I would appreciate the photos as well. Thanks.
mrkoch@usd.edu

p_everette
03-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Eddie, I too would like to see a picture of your new panel.

Thanks

Phil
p_everette@yahoo.com

idahopacer
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
The Oct. '98 AOPA Pilot mag. has an article on the panal upgrade of the Tri-Pacer give away plane they did that year. It is really slick way of doing it. I'll be doing something very similar to my '52 Pacer. Showed the article and the old panal to my local fed and he sees no problems with this non-structural up-grade.