PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Panel Placards

scboyer
03-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Sometime back I saw an address for a full set of Instrument panel placards for the PA-22 that includes all of the required "AD" requirements. Do any of you know where I can purchase a set of placards? I am looking for WHITE lettering.

Thanks!

av8or38834
03-10-2007, 01:08 PM
I purchaced mine from Screaming Aero Graphics, they are in Ocala, FL. Their number is 352-236-6333. They are the people who make graphics for Aircraft Spruce. Great people to deal with, they will custom make anything you need, and at a reasonable price.

Glen Geller
03-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, I think I wouild like new placards too, red background with white text.
Maybe I'll contact them as well.
http://www.screamingaero.com
Scott, what background color did you want?
GG

scboyer
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I was looking for WHITE on CLEAR or WHITE on Black

av8or38834
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
That is what I got for my Pacer from Screaming Aero, was the white on clear. It had all the AD placards included.

Wayne
03-13-2007, 01:14 AM
I bought a label making machine from Staples that makes really nice labels. The tape can be ordered in many colors. White on black, black on white white black, red blue green and any number of other colors on either black, white or clear background. It works and looks great. If your plane panel is absolutely stock then the stock labels will work fine. Having to order special labels for the radios, indicators and whatever doesn't work for me. I always forget two or three and screw up a couple putting them on. The Brother label maker saved my butt every time. If once you make the label you decide you want the letters a little bigger on the circuit breaker labels (the old eyes ain't as sharp as they once were) you just set it for the next size larger text.
WAyne

Glen Geller
03-13-2007, 02:17 PM
With my plane, the panel along the bottom where all the switches are located is original (?), painted red with painted-on white text. There are no thermal lables Red bkgd / White text. If I use Clear / White text the original text shows through. So I have to either repaint the area, use odd-colored lables, or order custom.
Sucks to be me, lable-wise.

Wayne
03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Glenn I will look and see if there is a white on red background tape for the Brother label maker.

Wayne
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Glen, Brother makes red tape with black lettering and red lettering on a white background. E-Bay has the label makers as well as the tape at quite reasonable prices.

Glen Geller
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks Wayne, I have a Brother P-Touch label maker too, I have resisted black text / red tape as it's really hard to see (not gettin' any younger I'm afraid). There is no white text / red tape available, probably due to the chemistry or properties of the plastic films used.
I have seen the sets sold in AC Spruce etc catalogs, one of these days I'll make it all pretty, right now it's a creative assortment of lables.
GG

Tom T.
03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I just went to the local graphics shop and had them all custom made to order. Now that I am in the process of building a new panel, I'll do it all again!
Tom T.

Wayne
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Glen have you tried different solvents to remove the hand painted white letters. then you could use clear with white letters on your red panel.

scboyer
03-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks ALL! I ordered placards from Screaming Aero Graphix. A bit pricey at $35 but then again it is for the PACER! I'll let you know how they look!