Oshkosh 2008 Shortwings Parking

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microburst

Oshkosh 2008 Shortwings Parking

Hello. Does Anyone Know Who To Contact To Get On The List For Shortwings Parking/camping At Oshkosh 2008? I Know It's Early, But I Also Know The Slots Fill Up Quickly. We Have A Clipper. Thanks. Beth Ann
  • Geoff Newcombe
    Master Forumator
    • Aug 2005

Unless things have changed, you camp where you park your aircraft. No reservations are required and none are available. Driving in to camp is a different kettle of fish.

Comment

• microburst

Thanks so much for the info. Ba

Comment

• Blue's Pilot

Hi Beth Ann,

In several previous years, groups of Shortwingers have arranged to arrive and park/camp together in the Vintage aircraft area. I flew with the SWP group arrivals in '01, '03, and '06 and I'm planning to fly-in again in 2008. If there are not a lot of SWP's then they will park as many of us as they can in the same general area. If we might have more than 15 or so planes I believe we should contact the VAC guys and ask if they could pencil in an extra row in "The Triangle" for SW Pipers. It's a good idea to have our group on their planning chart before it fills up. Unless someone else has already made arrangements for our group, I will be happy to call them if there are enough flyers interested in parking together.

These SWP group arrivals have made it easy for first timers (and old timers) to have fun getting into OSH. It lowers the stress level a whole bunch to just follow one of our veteran pilots and know that another SWP is watching your tail for traffic. It's also sweet when we get a "Cleared straight in to Rwy 36" from 10 miles out instead of getting sent into the Rippon/Fisk traffic flow.

Yeah, I know it's 8 months away but how many of you are thinking about flying in to AirVenture next summer?

Paul (Whose tent is this?) Martin
        Ashland, Oregon
        Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2007, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Blue's Pilot

Anybody flying a Short Wing into Airventure this summer want to fly in with me? I'm flexible on dates and times but would prefer to fly in on Sunday the 27th. I'm happy to lead or follow.

Paul Martin
          Ashland, Oregon

Comment

• robertc
            New Forumator
            • Sep 2005

Paul, count me in. I've sent you a seperate e mail.

Comment

• Blue's Pilot

I'm looking at arrival plans for flying into Oshkosh this summer and I'm thinking about overnighting at Watertown (RYV) or once again at Beloit (44C). Any suggestions from someone familiar with the area?

I liked the set up the year the SWPC group stayed at Hartford (HXF) but I'm looking for something closer to a dinner spot and hotels (for those pilots who use hotels :-). Robert C., arriving from Idaho, said he'll join the party, who else is up for the adventure?

I'm planning to fly into OSH on Sunday morning the 27th. In previous years the arrival traffic has been fairly light between 9 and 10 AM so I'm shooting for that time slot. Anybody else who wants to join the party is welcome to suggest a gathering time and place. Well, anybody except that "wild and crazy guy" Don who makes me laugh so much my sides hurt. His suggestion might be way too much fun for me ;-).

Paul (Who's tent is this?) Martin
              Ashland, Oregon
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...