PDA

View Full Version : Up and Running

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Here we go! I hope the entire group of users can find value in this section. For many of us, it will be a place to exchange ideas and discuss improvements to the venerable Shortwing design, for others it will simply be a way to keep the certificated side "pure", as it should be. I hope we can self moderate our content and keep the confusion down to a minimum, as this is a site for information and enjoyment concerning airplanes in general, and shortwings in particular.

Michael

andya
12-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Mike

Nice going, so since you have some pull with someone that runs the website, how about getting the feature fixed so we can post attachments again

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Like this? ;)

http://www.vg-photo.com/airshow/kszp1007/sorrell/DSC_0153.jpg

deandayton
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
That's not a shortwing;-) What is the pipe pointing forward on the right side of the cowl?

Steve Pierce
12-11-2007, 02:04 PM
How did you do that? I followed John Alexanders instructions but I get an error message.

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
That's not a shortwing;-) What is the pipe pointing forward on the right side of the cowl?

It's the cannon! :D Actually it is the inlet to the airbox. I'm experimenting with shapes/lengths trying to pull the most manifold pressure at cruise. So far I have picked up almost 4 inches from the "stock" setup.

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
How did you do that? I followed John Alexanders instructions but I get an error message.

I cheated. As long as the image is hosted anywhere else on the Web (hint, hint), you can cut and paste the properties in your message bracketed with and , and it will post.

Steve Pierce
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.shortwingpipers.org/phpbb3/gallery/image.php?pic_id=91

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Yep, I just tried the same thing...

Steve Pierce
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
So why won't that work?

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 02:39 PM
We are running up against the limits of my computer expertise... I'm not sure...

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I hoped this would be a way to use the other site as a host for pictures here. There might still be a way, but I'll have to do some checking.

Anyone else have any ideas?

pmills
12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Great to see the new section - congrats on getting it going!
Pete

Steve Pierce
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I hoped this would be a way to use the other site as a host for pictures here. There might still be a way, but I'll have to do some checking.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I don't know how the other members of Short Wing Pipers.org feel but I am not to keen on hosting pictures on that site to be posted here. The Short Wing Piper Club has a whole lot more money and resources than SWP.org and should be able to host their own pictures.

taildraggerpilot
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
deleted...

Frankenpacer
12-11-2007, 11:30 PM
I'll also agree that it is not a long term solution by any means, but since many of us have our feet in both sites it can't hurt for the time being. After all, it doesn't "cost" any more to link to another site. But we do need the ability to host our own images on this site, no two ways about it.

In my opinion, the long term solution is to get one site with all the features we need. I think I understand the need for the two sites right now, but the overlap likely hurts the flow of info in the long run. I'll bet it all boils down to who can host pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say. JMHO.

Student Pilot
12-11-2007, 11:35 PM
I agree with Steve.

Ditto to that.

Homer Landreth
12-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Solutions discussed with Steve via PM

Steve Pierce
12-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Micheal, What do you need on this site that is not on the other? It is
the principal of the thing that bothers me, plain and simple. Cliff
told my Dad the picture posting was fixed. It is not. I emailed Mitch,
no response. I have been a member for 12 years and spend a lot of time on this site. I have dealt with the problems with this website in many ways and can't get so much as a reply from anyone in command. They can give you a new forum but can't even address the issues a lot of us have been bringing up for years.

Frankenpacer
12-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone, please understand I'm not privy to all the drama that has occurred and as a newbie, I don't have the emotional buy-in that some of you have developed. I'm just interested in shortwings and shortwing people, so if it looks like I'm a bull in a china shop suggesting changes to your established world, please try see it from my perspective. Any shortwing site I wish to visit needs active participation, easily accessed information, and free exchange of ideas among the members. I don't care who owns the site, the site that provides that is the one I will visit.

Frankenpacer
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Steve,

Clean out your PM "in" box.

Gilbert Pierce
12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Frankenpacer
since you appear to have the ear of our erstwhile webmaster why don't you get him to fix the picture upload. After all, you got him to create a site for you. He has been unresponsive to the rest of us.

Frankenpacer
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't know if I have anyones ear, but I will see what the story is. While I don't share your collective frustration with the lack of pictures (because I'm new), I wholly agree that it is a key to the sucess of this, or any technical forum.

Stephen 998
12-12-2007, 09:34 PM
The focus of the SWPC is not on this forum, read the new newsletter and look for references to the forum, check posts here from officers and you will see what I mean. The current goals of the club are good enough for me to continue my membership and support. Since a viable forum is also important to me, I applaud Steve Pierce for taking the lead and starting a new forum that will better serve us all. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/phpbb3/

andya
12-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree with Steve.

I'm in there with both of you......

Stephen 998
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
I also agree with Steve,

It seems odd that a week after the SWP.org site starts with nearly all the features that we have been asking for, SWPC suddenly does something with this site.

andya
12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I also agree with Steve,

It seems odd that a week after the SWP.org site starts with nearly all the features that we have been asking for, SWPC suddenly does something with this site.

Unless I missed something, they only added an additional topic. What about the attachment thing????

sdtripacer
12-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Double ditto!!