PDA

View Full Version : Vertical card compass install

SandyM
04-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I have a Pacer that I was thinking of putting a vertical card compass in. We have the compass already (left over from another project) but just haven't installed it yet. I was wondering if anyone sees a problem mounting this in the panel (there's an empty slot) or should it go on top where the wet compass is currently. Just thinking being in the panel might introduce a lot of magnetic interference but I really don't know.

Here's the panel (the missing radio has been replaced) with the empty slot right next to the radio stack.

And the other side to show what else is in the panel.

Don't really know what else might go in that hole other than maybe a fuel-flow monitor (?) but that's not in the plans (or wallet) at this point.

JohnW
04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey, TRY IT. It ain't like it's gonna break the Bank if you have to move it back up to the glareshield...

Nine out of ten VCCs benefit greatly from purchasing the compensators for it (if they aren't already there) in a ShortWing installation. Why SOME don't need it seems to be an issue of "voodoo". I've degaussed fuselages till I was blue in the face, and nine out of ten of THOSE needed the compensators, too.