PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Rod Tailwheel spring

06-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Someone is building a exp pacer with a round titanium rod tailwheel spring. I am interested in similar set-up on exp cub. I was interested in scource for the rod and what spec's to look for in the alloy. (5/8" OD solid rod)

Thanks
Jim Miller

Curley
06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
It was Frankenpacer who is using the stainless (or titanium) stinger tailwheel - unfortunately he has not been posting recently - it seems that everytime he puts his head up someone verbally smacks him around the ears.

When this sort of crap is going on I always wonder if the people who indulge in this childish behaviour would say the same things if the person was standing in front of them looking them in the eye - I think not! :confused:

The tailwheel assembly is available from:
Aviation Products Inc - 114 Bryant St, OJAI, CA 03023
Ph/Fax (805) 646-6042

I am told they are only a very small company, do not advertise (their quality does it for them) and don't have a website - their products are excellent, and their service is superb.

Curley

06-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Curley
Thanks for the info. Maybe Frankenpacer can contact me directly. jimmiller2@cafes.net
I have some info on this subject he may want also.

Jim Miller

Frankenpacer
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delay, but I don't get through here much anymore, and this is my last post. I can sometimes be found at the "other" shortwing site, however.

I found my source of Ti from www.titaniumjoe.com/

Happy building!