PDA

View Full Version : New to the group

N4582Z
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Hello everybody,

My name is Dan Adams. I'm from Marshalltown Iowa which is about 60 miles as the crow flies, North East of Des Moines Iowa. I am currently the owner of a 1961 PA22-108 Colt. It is for sale and I have posted it in the for sale postings. Get a hold of me if you are interested, it is a fantastic airplane. I do have a really nice 1960 PA22/20 picked out that I am anxious to buy as soon as the Colt is gone.

I have been flying since I was a kid and got my license when I turned 17. My Dad taught me how to fly in a 1968 Citabria 7KCAB. I only flew taildraggers until I purchased N4582Z (my Colt). I really fell in love with how these shortwing pipers fly. I really was partial to the Citabria, but my passenger really likes sitting next to me rather than behind.

I have been attending Oshkosh since I was 4 years old. Been flying in with my Colt the last 2 years and last year made it my 31 year attending. I did miss one year when I moved to Texas out of college and did not have the vacation. I plan to attend for many more and am really planning on attending in the Pacer I have my eyes on this year (halu more stuff for my girlfriend).

I really appreciate the mission and brotherhood that this group offers as well as all the technical insight. I really hope it works out that my girlfriend and I can attend the gathering in Saratoga Springs this summer. If not, I will shoot for the next one.

Look forward to getting to know more of you and see you at Oshkosh and other fly in's.

Safe & happy flying to all....

Dan

Kurts
02-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Welcome, Dan! Great choice in airplanes, although you're selling it and I'm a bit biased. Post some pictures of your new bird when you get it!

Regards,

Kurt

N4582Z
02-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks Kurt :-)

I've absolutely have had a blast flying and owning my colt. I will certainly post pics of my new bird when I get her. Hope its soon.

Looks like you have a real nice colt yourself. They are a lot of fun for sure.

Thanks,
Dan