PDA

View Full Version : New to the short wing forum

mmoyle
04-27-2013, 12:07 AM
New member and new to me PA20-125. N7069K Home bases PAPM Platinum Alaska. Aircraft located in Huntsville Ar. The former owner and I will fly the aircraft to Alaska up the Alcan this spring. Need 10 hrs with a CFI to meet insurance requirements. Chose the PA 20 for a couple reasons. One price and it belonged to a friend. That's one reason. The second is to recapture/relearn tailwheel time/experience. It's been 35 years since I soloed in my great uncle's C120. The PA 20 configuration is original with the exception of the Grove Brakes getting installed soon. Kelly Babin is installing a new garmin transponder, ELT to meet Canadian requirements and a new intercom. Will try to fly the fabric off until I finish my experimental project. Once I finish the Bearhawk withe IO520 the Pacer will find its way into the shop. Would like to install Trimmer sea plane doors, PA18 extended gear, and O360 with the three blade CS MT prop. Maybe add a sky light. Would really like to extend the fuselage using the producer STC. Hopefully Trimmer Aviation will have the stc to extend the PA wings, move the aileron to the wing tip and increase the flap length by the time I get to the rebuild. I'm a former miner. Managed the Goodnews Bay Platinum Mine for 9 years. Sold my Mining Co in Venezuela. Now the local primary care provider X 10 years. Community Health Practitioner (CHP) Married to a wonderful Yupik Eskimo who's intellect is far superior to mine. We work side by side as CHP's. Hobbies are fishing, hunting, reading, fabrication, engine overhaul, gas pot and diesel, cylinder head overhaul including aircraft cylinders, carpentry, airplanes, atv's, Wooldridge jet boat to scare my friends on the river fishing adventures.....(always bring them back alive is my moto)....and over 50... I like the Xbox360.... Halo and a few other shoot-em up bang bang games. Lets see what'd I miss. Hanger need insulating. Spray foam machine arrived a few days ago. Need to build a new power house for the community. Install the 290 hp optimizer 6.5 in the red tonka twuck H1. A.D.O.T. Airport maintenance contract. Enough of that! Will be picking every short wing members brain I can. Hope this is the place to do it.
Mark Moyle
Platinum, Alaska 99651
moylemc@gmail.com

pacer44k
04-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Mark,
Welcome to the SWPC! It sounds like you are an over achiever! If I had the list of projects that you do, I would have to live to 150! Like the sound of that BearHawk, and bet it will be a really cool plane.
I have a 1950 PA-20, N7744K (S/N 567) that I have owned for 11 years. It has a few mods such as an O-320, dual caliper brakes, and the usual lighting upgrades. I will be putting the original wheelpants back on with some 8.00 x 6 tires to give it even more of a stock look. There are so few of the original PA-20's (mine even still has the narrow gear) that I really want to keep it close to original in the looks department.
John Kobbeman in Ogden, UT. has a PA-22/20 that he really did a nice job on with transforming it to a "Super Pacer". Look him up on the forum (SuperPacer), if you want to ask him any questions.
Once again...Welcome!

mmoyle
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks, I'll look into the super pacer forum at some point.

pacer44k
04-28-2013, 01:20 PM
"SuperPacer" is John's screen name on this forum.

Kurts
04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mark!

Kurt