PDA

View Full Version : Old member of SWPC. New Forum member

Andy S
10-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks to Kurt for helping me register for the Forum page. I have no idea why it was so difficult ( it took me over 45 minutes to no avail and Kurt 30 minutes). I look forward to partaking of this "elite" group on the SWPC website. My Short Wing Piper is a 1958 PA-22 160 that is about to have elective surgery ( control surfaces ). It really needs it. Probably use the Stewart System. - Andy Seligson

rwdurham
10-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Andy. Prepare yourself for a lot of information, an opportunity to share your vast knowledge of the shortwing, and occasional abuse by your forum friends. Kurt is, if nothing else, helpful. :)

Jim Hann
10-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Welcome aboard Andy! I'm in the midst of covering my wings and tail. Decided to use Stewart systems. I started a thread on here that is a bit out of date. I'll try to get it caught up.

Jim

PeterL
10-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Andy, glad you signed on. As you can see lots of activity here and this is where the serious SW folks hang out.

Except for Rickcardo D.,he's still hanging out behind those billboard signs eating donuts, thinking he was back in the 60's stillworking as a Highway patrol.

Peter

Troy Hamon
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Andy!

Look forward to hearing how the control surface recover goes. I've only used Stewarts for repair...but at this point I think I am done with anything else until Oratex gets approved. That might be soon though.

pacer44k
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Andy,
Welcome to the forums! For those who might not place Andy's name, he is the VP of the SWPC Board. In addition, he headed up the group that put on the 2013 SWPC Convention at Saratoga. During my tenure on the Board, I came to have a high regard for Andy's dedication to the SWPC.
I believe that Andy and Sid Brain are the only Board members who are members of this Forum. Hopefully, they can encourage all the other members (OK..one is an admitted lost cause) to join this forum and the FB page. Having the Board members active in real time discussions is a great benefit to our club!

rwdurham
10-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Except for Rickcardo D.,he's still hanging out behind those billboard signs eating donuts, thinking he was back in the 60's stillworking as a Highway patrol.

Peter[/QUOTE]

And there it goes . . . comments from Pedro, the peanut gallery, Lubig. I'll have you know that donuts are the snack of champions, the elixir of life itself. I didn't get this unique physique from working out and staying fit. No sir. I could write a ticket and never put the doughnut down while bailing out Dudley Doright of the RCMP from of any fix he may have gotten himself into. And those billboards were useful to avoid interruption while eating said donut. Your "60's" reference is somewhat inaccurate. :rolleyes:

Kurts
10-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Actually, Andy is the new VP. And Fred Mayes just re-joined the forum as well. Hopefully he will participate in the fun. Oh, and Art is also a forum member, although records show he only visited the forums one time.

Kurt

Fred Mayes
10-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Fred Mayes
Pacer N7478K
I am an old member to the SWPC, new member to the forum.
I have white hair, but that is not a sign of age, is it? I didn"t
think so. My better half is named Bonnie.
We own a 1950 Pacer PA-20 sr.#394
Peter, Mark, Kurt, it is good to hear from you guys.
Fred

walt.buskey
10-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Welcome, Andy & Fred! Andy, we met at the convention. Greetings from sunny NH! (Got yer wood in yet?) Walt

PeterL
10-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Fred, this is the best to be connected to some of the members, glad you are on.

Peter

Jim Hann
10-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Hi Fred,

I chatted with you on the phone back in July about Alan's wings. Good to see you on here!

Jim

Fred Mayes
10-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Jim, you are right. I just got on the bus to go to Lake George for the boat cruise when you called. I am inviting you to our Mid-West Chapter
meetings whenever you can come. Mid-America Chapter is hosting the 2015 convention and we will need your expertise and it is going to be a
lot of work, but I believe it will be fun.

Kurts
10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Fred, who is the coordinator for the 2015 convention? I have something to send them.

Kurt

Fred Mayes
10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Kurt, it is good to hear from you. I am the coordinator for the 2015 convention,and i have some good help, Bonnie and Eleanor.
Fred Mayes
Pacer N7478K

Fred Mayes
10-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Kurt, I also plan on help from all of the Chapters. It takes a lot of planning and sugestions from everyone.

Fred Mayes

Pacer N7478K