PDA

View Full Version : 1956 pa-22

Richy
11-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Greetings, everyone from Anchorage, AK. I just bought a 1956 PA-22-150 (upgraded to 160) and am having a lot of fun with it. I will be putting it on floats next spring. I am hoping that this forum will be a good source of advice as well as parts for this project. Right now I am concentrating on finding some Pacer rigging to go with my EDO 2000s (they have pa-18 rigging) as well as some questions about a ventral fin. If anyone can help I would like to hear from you.

Troy Hamon
11-19-2013, 05:34 AM
No experience with floats, but I do love my PA-22-150. You have much time in it yet?

I bring mine in to town semi-regularly whenever I can manufacture a reason. I enjoy it a lot more than traveling via commercial carrier...but it doesn't always work out...

Jim Hann
11-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Richy,

I don't know if he is on this board but there is a gent with a lot of float plane experience (he works for Kenmore as an A&P/IA and pilot) and had his Pacer on floats for a long time. Are you on the other board?

Richy
11-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I have only a few hours in the airplane so far. Bought it just as winter started and it didn't come with wing covers, so i'm working on that. 43D is indeed as a nice looking airplane. Did you buy it converted or have it done?

Jim Hann
11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
I have only a few hours in the airplane so far. Bought it just as winter started and it didn't come with wing covers, so i'm working on that. 43D is indeed as a nice looking airplane. Did you buy it converted or have it done?

Richy,
The picture you see in my signature is how it was when I bought it. I flew it eight hours before it became a project. Look for my thread in the project section.
http://forum.shortwingpiperclub.org/showthread.php?4058-N7743D-is-a-project-(

She's a good bird that will be even better when I'm done!