PDA

View Full Version : Stall Warning Light

N5808H
05-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi,

We have a Clipper thatís stall warning light lens has become too dark to see when the light comes on.
Does anyone know what the part number is and where I can order one?

Thank you,
Steve

Kurts
05-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I'd venture to guess that it is an aftermarket installation, for I don't believe that technology existed in 1949, and I've never heard of any short wing equipped with one. Have you checked the logbooks for an entry pertaining to the installation?

I think you may be on your own with this one.

Kurt

N5808H
05-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Thanks for your input, Kurt.
An article that I read dated 1949 indicated that a “SFI” (horn and light) were standard equipment on the Clipper Deluxe. Ours is cream with red strip, carpet and cushy seats so I assume it was a “Deluxe” model.
Regards, Steve

Kurts
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Wow, well that's very cool. I learn something new every day. :)

Kurt

N5808H
05-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the comments and thoughts.

Light comes on nice and bright, but it will not pass through the red lens; there is a little glow around the edges.

When I pull the lenses and put a bright flash light on the underside, still no transfer of light.

I have the same issue with a 1949 C-140A that we have and tried to polish the gunk of the lenses of it and the Clipper; interchangeable. Also, tried to clean with an abrasive stone and it put a small dimple on the surface with little force; must be some sort of hard plastic vs glass.

Sent a note to SFI, and they are having difficulty finding the part as well.

Regards,
Steve