PDA

View Full Version : New member in Alberta

Garett
03-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Hey all. I am new to the forum and new to flying! I live in Northern Alberta and have been looking at what to purchase for a first plane. From everything I have read and everyone I have talked to the tri-pacer seems like a great option. My long term goal is to be able to fly into Kalispell Montana.

So to keep this fairly short, I am on the hunt for a tri-pacer in Canada as our dollar is terrible right now. Let me know if you hear of anything good. I would much rather buy a good one and spend the money up front rather than try to rebuild or get something that needs a bunch of work. I would like a plane I can get in and build some hours.

rmwalkersr
09-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Hello Garett, welcome to the Forum. Hoping for the best for your plane search...will send you what I find. Cheers! -Bob

Here's a beauty that was posted in Barnstormers this month...

CHEAP BIG ENGINE 22/20 PACER • $24,000 • FOR SALE OR TRADE • 150hp Piper pacer , great fabric , great running engine , nice interior , good glass , recovered in 95 with ceconite lifetime fabric , kept hangared in Texas , no corrosion fuselage tubing is excellent , univar taildragger conversion and 150hp should make this a great back country bush plane , oil filter stc, sealed strut stc, auto gas stc, 150 hrs on chrome top end has perfect compressions, wing tip and belly strobes, madras stol tip stc, Scott tail wheel, dual toe brake stc, Will sell with fresh annual for 26k or trade .210-379-1567 • Contact Trevor S. Smith, Owner - located Bracebridge, ON Canada • Telephone: 210-379-1567 . 210-379-1567 • Posted September 10, 2015

10-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Hello Garett,
Welcome.
I don't check in to the Forum very often, but if you are still looking, I'll keep an eye out in the Lethbridge area.
Good luck with your hunt and your flying.
I am currently rebuilding a Colt.

Ed