PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Petal Mississippi

cgruby
11-18-2015, 04:36 PM
My son and I have just bought a PA-20 project with considerable damage, but nothing we can't handle. As the title says, I'm located in the South third of Mississippi about equal distance between the coast and Jackson. I have owned several Stinsons and C-182 and built a Spezio Tu-Holer. When I was a kid, I worked at an airport in Fayetville NC when W. T. Piper personally delivered a brand new Piper Clipper to the field. We also had a brand new Vagabond which I took my first hour of dual in. We never got off the ground, because I broke the tail wheel spring during my second take-off attempt (the first one was aborted). I look forward to this project and some great flying in a classic. BTW, I currently have a KitFox.

pacer44k
11-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Is this the one that was recently on eBay? If so, nice Pacer!
I have a 1950 PA-20, and can tell you that you once you get it flying you will wonder why you did not get a SWP sooner!
For the project that you are undertaking, you will need to buy the SWP drawing CD's. They are available here on the website (I hope). But, if you have problems, send me a private message and I can get you hooked up.
This forum is a great resource, but you also need to be on http://www.shortwingpipers.org/
Keep posting, as we look forward to hearing more about your project. Also, if you are anywhere close to Hernando, MS look up Larry Jenkins. He has a really sweet Clipper.

cgruby
11-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Thanks Mark for the reply. I have joined the SWPC and purchased the Drawings CD and the one on rigging. You're right, this is the Pacer that was on E-Bay the other day. And thanks for the positive comments about it. It's Ironic that airplane was based 90 miles from me, but I'll have to go 585 miles to go pick it up. I haven't contacted the previous owner, but hope to. Thanks for the tip about the fellow that owns the Clipper in Hernando, Ms. I'll be sure and look him up.

Chuck Gruby