PDA

View Full Version : New Member introduction

brianheidt
01-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Hi all! I am Brian Heidt from Owosso Michigan and an new member. I first flew in a Tri-Pacer as a child and it was neat from the back seat and much faster than dad's Chief. I am now interested in buying either a Clipper or Pacer so that I can share that fun with my kids. I hope to learn more about what to look for in purchasing a SWP and how to care for it. Looking forward to hearing all your stories.

Fred Mayes
01-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Brian, welcome aboard. When you find an airplane be sure it is a good airplane and have a pre-purchase inspection by a A&P who knows this type of airplane. Do not buy a dog and plan on fixing it up. You might run into some very big bills. Have fun and enjoy your experience purchasing your airplane. There are two Pacers in the SWPC news book and several Tri-Pacers. One Pacer is a PA-20 and the other is a PA-22/20.

Fred Mayes
Pacer N7478K

brianheidt
01-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome Fred! I will definitely take your advice and I am sure be asking more questions in the weeks to come. Thanks again for the welcome brian

brianheidt
06-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Hey Guys, I have a plane! Just brought N999VL back from New York to Michigan!
I am now an owner of a Short Wing Piper, a PA-22/20-160. Now the work begins!
I am sure that I will find a lot of great insights as I look through the posts for
maintenance and such. -brian

Fred Mayes
06-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Congratulations Brian,that should be a good performer,and I know you will have a lot of fun with it.

Fred Mayes
Pacer N7478K

brianheidt
06-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Thank you Fred! And thank you for all the help and advice as I was looking. Lost out on three different
Pacers but got this one! Today it's off to do a really good cleaning inside and out, as she was in a dirt floor hanger. Then my CFI and I get to work relearning tailwheel flying (it's been 31 years since I did it as a kid). Then it's off to explore all those $100 burgers in Michigan! Thanks again! -brian