PDA

View Full Version : New from Pennsylvania

westypilot
10-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Hello All,

Just signed the paperwork today for what's to be a full restoration. N4550A is 1956 PA-22-150. I had originally intended to buy a flying airplane, but I found 50A in a local barn for a price that I thought was very fair. If the project wasn't going to be so expensive, I would have offered more than he asked. I started moving boxes today and will use this winter and spring to recondition parts and organize the project. I'll start a separate thread for the actual restoration. I have a good friend who is an IA that is helping, but look forward to any advice from the SWPC.

I have a hangar at BVI just north of Pittsburgh if there are any local members interested in checking it out.

Dave

Fred Mayes
10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Dave, I assume you are a SWPC member, and the SWPC can give you a lot of help from the Technical Advisors and information from the SWPC store. Use the SWPC and this forum and it will be a big help to you.

Fred Mayes
Pacer N7478K
SWPC Board Member

westypilot
10-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Thanks Fred.

I joined last week. I've already taken advantage of the Maintenance Data Depot. It's a great resource. I've also reached out to Dan and the SWPC store for the Tips and Techniques manuals.

Dave