PDA

View Full Version : New from Charleston SC

bnhiott
12-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. My name is Ben and I am a student pilot in Charleston SC flying currently out of KRBW. Today I signed papers to purchase my first aircraft. A 1953 Piper Pa22/20 conversion. I'm incredibly excited. Flying it home this week!

I look forward into diving into this world!

brianheidt
12-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Hey Ben,
The 22/20 is a great flying plane. Enjoy getting to know tailwheels. I bought mine 3 years ago and still love going out and doing pattern work. Just keep flying her until the prop stops!

brian heidt,
N999VL a 58 PA22/20

bnhiott
12-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Thanks Brian,

I plan on flying as much as I can. Iím trying build time towards my commercial license eventually. I have been blessed to take lessons in a few different Tailwheels including a Stinson 108-2, Cessna 170b, and a Luscombe 8E. Iím looking forward to finishing my training in such a cool machine! Awesome to have a good community to rely on as well.

Ben

12-04-2019, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the Club. You've flown some good classics for experience. They all have their pros and cons. I think you will like the "Pacer". It is economical (for an airplane), fairly easy to work on, and parts are available. And it doesn't take up much room in a hangar. I just hope the fabric is up to par and the tubing isn't rusty, or the economical part just went out the window.

TarheelFlyer
08-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Ben,
Hope that you have been well and that flying your PA-22/20 is providing you happiness. I am the Carolinas Chapter president and will extend a belated welcome to the Shortwing brotherhood. If you ever fly towards central NC give me a shout.
Once we start holding regular meetings again I will send you a list of our locations.
Stay well.
Steve Culler

Wag-builder
08-23-2020, 10:12 PM
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the club and take advantage of the knowledge and friendship here. I encourage you to take Steve up on his offer as it is a great way to get to know other short wing owners and pilots and always a good time. If you have any questions feel free to ask, that is why we are here.

Cheers,
Steve Carruthers