PDA

View Full Version : New Member from San Antonio

marcumb
01-14-2021, 05:29 PM
Howdy from South Texas,

Recently purchased a 1957 PA22-150 and hangar it at 1TE4 (Zuehl Airpark). Already working on replacing a leaking fuel selector valve with the Dakota Cub version. Ordered and received new belts to include H style shoulder belts. Haven't brought myself to cut the headliner and install but soon.

Best regards,

Brad

sbmackie
02-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Well, heck, I'll reply. I'm even newer then you. Not much participation on this board. Much more over at "the other one".

Welcome to both of us.

Fred Mayes
02-03-2021, 02:18 AM
It is good to hear from both of you, Brad and sbmackie. I would have answered sooner but I didn't see a question so did not know if you wanted to talk, so I will.
I know that Brad has a PA22-150 but sbmackie did not say if you have a SW. I am going to assume both of you have joined the SWPC. If you have that is fine but if you haven't You can call Eleanor Mills at 417-883-1457 and she can sign you up.
I would like to invite both of you to the SWPC Convention to be held in Lock Haven, Pa. June 21-25 2021.
The SWPC has a lot to offer members and so does the other Club.They are different type of clubs and it is good to join both. The SWPC has a Convention every year and gives members the chance to see other SW and I believe helps to keep our airplanes in better condition, and see other ideas. Also you get to meet people from Canada, Ireland, and from all over the US.
I would like to see more activity on this forum and you do to so maybe you can help in that area. Thanks for reporting in and tell us about your SW.

Fred Mayes
Secretary, SWPC
Pacer N7478K

sbmackie
02-14-2021, 10:00 PM
Yes, I have joined the SWPC. I have a 1952 PA-20/125 currently based in Calhoun, GA (KCZL).

Scott

Coltero
02-21-2021, 02:58 PM
Brad,

My buddy and I own a 1961 Colt, tail dragger conversion and we operate out of San Antonio too. It is currently hangered at San Geronimo air park but it's main home will be a private air strip, a pasture, near Pleasanton, TX. We are fortunate that the former owner, my buddy's grandfather, registered it as experimental when he converted it so we do most of the work ourselves. Ours has the O-290-D2, 135 hp motor. We have replaced and rebuilt many things on this old bird and she now flies strong and fine. Also, if you know of a good tail wheel instructor who will instruct us in our plane let me know.

Stuart,
210-979-9444

Wag-builder
04-27-2021, 10:26 PM
Glad to see you guys are here and hope we can build some activity!