PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Face Refurbishing

Daryl
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Instrument face refurbishing. Most of the faces on my instruments are showing the signs of being around for 50 years, dull and faded. Has anyone had the dials of the Airspeed Indicator and other refinished? I would like to have my Airspeed, Oil Pressure/Temp gage and Fuel indicators freshened up. Anyone know of any sources that do this? Or had any experiences having this done?

Daryl Smith
Coventry, CT

Gilbert Pierce
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I had my fuel gage face redone by Kestone Instruments, Inc. in Lock Haven-570-748-7083. The rest of the flight instrument faces were redone by Aircraft Quality Instruments, Inc., Wichita, Kansas. 316-942-9975. Both companies did an excellent job. They look like new instruments.

Had Rudy's Instruments in Arkansas do my fuel gage first. Looked like he used a screwdriver and a pair of water pump pliers to take it apart. Keystone was able to fix that damage and make it look like new.

Glen Geller
04-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Gilbert,
Did AQI upgrade the appearance of your original all black Attitude Indicator to blue over brown?
I have heard some shops can do this to make the indicator look more like a HSI, being easier to read etc.
Any comments about costs for whatever you had done?
Thanks,
Glen
'55 PA22-150 N2714P

Daryl
04-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Thank you for these contacts, I'll give them both a call this week. I know there was also talk on the Forum a long time ago about a company that refurbished the Piper Oil Temp/Pressure gage too. If anyone knows of this contact please let me know.

Thanks again for the info Gilbert.

Daryl