Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen Geller

OK My apologies, I re-read myu original instructions found mid-way on page one of this post, and in fact I got the same invalid format error warning. I think something in the site is hosed.
    Oh Mighty Webmaster, we beseech thee, please help us to post our photos again!

Comment

• PA15/17Frank

Frank and N4699H

I knew I would get aroud to this sooner or later
      Frank and PA 15 Vag on ramp at KGWW (Goldsboro NC). PA 15 was purchased and restored in 2005. TTAF is apx 2200 and engine is a C75. That fat old man in the photo, well thats me !

I HAVE JUST LISTED THIS VAGABOND FOR SALE ON BARNSTORMERS ALONG WITH MORE PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTION FILE. THIS VAG IS A CREAMPUFF.
      Frank
      Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM. Reason: Just listed this plane for sale

Comment

• Glen Geller

Looks like the photo feature is either restored (Thanks Mithc!) or Frank is some kind of computer guru to post a pic on the site after all others had failed.
        How'd ya do it Frank?

Comment

• PA15/17Frank

No Gurus here

Hi Glenn
          I tried in vain for a couple of nights to upload photos from my drive and finally gave up. The next thing I did was to upload a couple of photos to my free web space (provided by sponsor when you have a free web page) using an FTP program. The files I uploaded were referenced (pointed to using the URL location of the files) in the add photo box that comes up when you click on the yellow icon (looks like a postcard) just above the reply to message box. It actually worked pretty easy after I quit trying to include the wrong directory name in the address to locate my files! Did you happen to notice the red X where my picture was supposed to be that was on the page for a day or so. That meant that the SWP server could not locate the file.
          When you get a chance go to the main SWP page and notice that on the photo gallery main page the Vagabond thumbnail is no longer there. I tried twice to upload a picture there and only managed to get the photo description to appear and erased the main page thumbnail in the process??? Hope this info helps.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2007, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Ed Brown
            Super Forumator
            • Jun 2006

Frank, I'm interested in seeing the photos of your Vagabond. Can you please post the url for where the are. I can't find them.
            -Ed

Comment

• PA15/17Frank

Photos

Hi Ed
              The only photos I have on the web so far are the one that is two posts before this one and the ones that you see here. I am adding the photos below of PA 15 to 17 conversion today. More to come later.

Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM. Reason: Add Photo

Comment

• Gilbert Pierce
                Keyboard Burninator
                • Dec 2005

Frank
                that is a beautiful airplane
                Gilbert Pierce
                Ex Board Member

Comment

• Ed Brown
                  Super Forumator
                  • Jun 2006

Wow! Very nice! Incredible panel, fantastic paint job. That's something to be proud of Frank.

-Ed

Comment

• PA15/17Frank

PA 15/17 conversion

Thanks guys for the nice compliments.
                    I will post a photo of the plane when I got it and you wont believe the transformation. I found it in a hanger in Louisiana with the wing spar cracked / bent, one gear folded under the fuslage and prop strike damage. Results from the dreaded ground loop. What you see is the result of two years of rebuild from the ground up and several improvements (conversion to 17). Now the plane is a 2006 model

Comment

• Ed Brown
                      Super Forumator
                      • Jun 2006

I enjoy hearing stories like that one Frank. You did a great job.
                      -Ed

Comment

• Glen Geller

Hi Frank,
                        Beautiful airplane. A real work of love and craftsmanship. Too bad the photos cannot open larger in a new window.
                        The current photo deal is way too complex, I hope Mitch reads this and finds time to resolve the original process. I suspect a module in vBulletin is messed up, or some other goofy thing.
                        It usta work, it arta work, it gotsta work!
                        Then again, I suppose it ain't supposed to did like it use to was....

Comment

Keyboard Burninator
                          • Sep 2005

I seem to have misplaced the pictures of N7011K in its last reincarnation as a red airplane so imagine my surprose when I was looking through the June 2007 issue of EAA Sport Aviation ( page 61) and saw what I am sure is 11K on the left. All I can say is the photographer has good taste and a good eye! Now if I can get it back like that again I will be happy.

J.D. Barron

Comment

• skyranger

Yap, like the one for poppa call

Mac Clipper 224 N5616H

Comment

• Steve Pierce
                              Keyboard Burninator
                              • Oct 2005

I was told the picture upload feature was fixed but I could not upload a very small picture. Has anyone else tried?
                              www.shortwingpipers.org

Comment

• andya
                                Master Forumator
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Steve Pierce
                                I was told the picture upload feature was fixed but I could not upload a very small picture. Has anyone else tried?
                                steve, I just tried a small jpg (5 k), several errors so NO LUCK
                                Andy Anderson
                                PA-22/20-150

Comment

Working...