WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Stablator

Default Stablator

I have been in the prosse of getting a 61 Colt back in the air. Twice have put the stablelator all the way up and it locked there. The cockpit indicator indicate it was up, but I went a little farther with the crank before stopping. A person familar with the plane said this normal and one should be carefull about going stop to stop. The wire from the rear to move the indicate seems to be .20 saftey wire, should it be replaced or is this OK. My A&P/IA and I are doing a annual now and hope to wrap it up the first of next week. I welcome any and all comments
    Flying Fool {J Carter}

never mind
    Last edited by Cathy; 09-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Steve for posting and linking the information. I'll quote you with this info. It should help the members of SWPC.
    Peter

"I always have to look at my notes when installing the jackscrew and yoke. All those different size washers can be confusing.

Item 7 washer is 1"ODx.375/.385"IDx.095" thick is under the pulley on the jackscrew.

Item 10 washer is 1 1/8"ODx.375/.385"IDx .062" thick and is on top of the pulley.

Item 11 are Piper part no. 407-587 or AN960-616 washers."

This information came from looking through all the associated drawings on the jackscrew installation, washer drawings and the parts manual.

From Steve P.

Default Status of Troubleshooting

Cathy/PeterL
    I have read both of your responses and want'd to update you. Checked the vee it is pointing up. Due to the not being flown for about 33 years or so the log book show don't who has done what and the last two years have been spent getting it airworthy. Last year the first annual in many years was done my IA notice the jack screw had no lub on it. We lubed it. This year we notice the lube fitting on the yoke, I think the washer may be right and once the yoke is properly lubecated the stablator may work right. The washer will bechecked if it doesn't. The wire running from the rear to indicator is probably correct as it appears to be .024 wire which is what 304 stainless steel wire is. I have the drawing disk which a big help. My IA and will be working Monday to take care of all the squack. I will update this after we work on it. Hope this is not to long of a post. I want'd to give info to help someone with the same problem.
    Flying Fool J Carter

Update found washers missing. I also found FSN# for #7&10. 80122-41 is5310-00-563-2383. 81342-05 is 5310-00-487-0621. #11 is avaliable from Aircraft Spruce the other may be also I haven't check yet. I found 4 sources besides Univair that can supply them. I don't have prices yet. Anyone needing these washer e mail me @carjoe0972@gmail.com and I will send the on line address.
    Flyingfool