WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Tripacer control interconnect

Default Tripacer control interconnect

hi all, anybody have some recommendations on how to loosen the interconnect between rudder and aileron ? This is on my '55 tripacer 150. I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to loosen the turnbuckles and slacken the arrangement. Any/all help appreciated. ken

Ken, if you type in "rudder interconnect" in the search bar above you will see enough previous discussions and forums to make your head go into an inverted flat spin. I have mine "loose" but I noticed a comment that said if you had more than 3 threads showing on the turnbuckle you were violating some rule made by someone and you might as well disconnect it. I haven't taken the time to count the threads on mine and probably couldn't see it I tried.

Default loose turnbuckles

thanks ron, that made me chuckle! I'll just wait for a fed to ramp check me and count my threads ! what a scream; will do what you've done and have my mech make them loose, but to count the threads. I started counting the threads in my jeans since I read your post, its fascinating !

If your PA-22-150 is S/N 22-3387 or higher you can remove the interconnect according to the TCDS info, Note 3.

You are correct Bob, you can disconnect the interconnect if your plane has the right S/N, but you have to install a longer steering arm on the front strut and centering springs like on the Colt. The steering arm is hard to find unless someone is parting out a Colt.

Tom Anderson

Yes, note 3 refers to that in item 407.
    Or convert to tailwheel configuration as I did.

Just completed the Colt steering horn mod per drawing 14926. Amazingly found all the parts. Who out there has a copy of FAA Flight Manual Supplement 401r required to be inserted in the aircraft POH? Thanks

A copy of the Flight Manual Supplement can be downloaded from the Maintenance Data Depot accessed through the club's web site if your a member. It's in the Miscellaneous Maintenance Data section.

Tom Anderson

Found it. Thank you, Tom.

Where can I get a copy of Piper drawing 14926?

Ed

Ed,

You can get a copy off the Short Wing Piper drawing CD which you can purchase from the club. Go to Http://www.Shortwingpiperclub.org and click on store and then Reference Books and CDs You want the Piper Drawing CD. Something every short wing owner should have.

Tom Anderson

I've been trying to order some things from the SWPC store, but keep getting an error that "No Shipping Method Has Been Selected", but I don't see any place to select a shipping method on the checkout/payment page. What am I missing?

I'll fix that.
    Dan Miller
    SWPC Store Manager

Thanks Dan. Got the items ordered.