WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: PA-22/20 project

Question PA-22/20 project

I have a 1957 PA-22/20, 135 project that has been on hold for a number of years. I just retired from my teaching job and I'm getting going on aviation again and would like to make progress on my flying as well as my project. I live in Sutton, NH (southwest central NH). My plane, which last flew in 1995, is currently in my garage and basement. I am thinking of putting my engine on a stand so I can roll it around out of the way and eventually work on it. Do any of you have suggestions for the kind of engine stand to use. I get Northern Tool, and Harbor Freight catalogs which show nice engine stands with castors. Would an automotive engine stand work for a lyc 290D2?

Yes I have an o320 on a 4 wheel car engine stand 4 wheels more stable. I have the engine filled including cyls with thick oil and holes plugged with different balls. Practice golf balls racket balls etc. The engine can be turned around 360 degrees thus lubricating everything periodically. I have used regular conical engine mounts backed by large washers with home depot redi rod and inside of round steel tube from same place. Dave

Well I tried to upload images, drag and drop but it looks like this site hasnt become user friendly and you have to be Bill Gates to figure it out.