WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Tcds

Default Tcds

What is a PA-22/20-150 listed as? What is a PA-22S-150? Is there a cheat sheet to decipher these documents?

Thanks for the reply. In order to achieve the tail dragger ground stability the STC must have moved the main gear forward and added the tail wheel which is common sense. The 1A6 W/B would be off for those two items, so am I correct to assume that Univar has the revised placements and weights in reference to the datum? I got a pencil scribbled W/B diagram with the airplane that I'd sure like to get confirmation on. The TCDS indicates a utility category for less than 1680 lbs. gross. What maneuvers are allowed in this category?

If I remember correctly (my AFM/POH/OM is in the airplane 35 miles away) the Univair STC puts the airplane (Colt included) into Normal Category only, so no Utility Category maneuvers are approved any more. There are several changes including removing the aileron/rudder interconnect but I don't have all the papers in front of me to read Chapter and Verse from.

The datum doesn't change but the arms for the landing gear do. In the case of our conversions I would measure your airplane to get the exact numbers, yours and mine might not be the same even though they are both PA-22/20s with the Univair conversion. I just looked at what I have here at the house for the conversion and all I found was the instructions that tell the modifier to reweigh the aircraft and prepare a new W&B sheet, no arms given in any of the drawings or writings that I have. The only way you will confirm yours is to reweigh it, I am planning on weighing mine as soon as I get it back together.

Good luck with your SWP and welcome to the gang!
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

Default W/b

Thanks for the imput! I've got an email into Univair for more documentation on the STC SA45RM that was done on this airplane in '94 and waiting for them to "weigh in" on their STC. Sorry, haven't had the second cup of coffee yet. Short of weighing my Stinson's Scott 3200 tailwheel assembly or removing the current one on the Pacer there must be an easier way to measure components to determine moments. I'm glad that when I'm a work somebody else does the W/B.

Quote Originally Posted by 61Chuck View Post
    Do you have the FMS for the STC?
    I know I do, in the plane. Taildragon, do you have yours? It is about three pages 8 1/2 X 11 IIRC.

SWPC 15480

Default Fms

I'm sure this isn't Flight Management System...Ha. Flight Modification something? I gotta tell you guys, I'm new at chasing this documentation around, but I do want to get it nailed down and get a legitimate W/B for this aircraft. Thanks for your help.

Default Fms

Got the FMS from Univair, pretty quick turnaround! I'll pick up another PA-22-150 manual to keep as a back up and do the W/B. Any pictures on how to locate these reference points about the hole in the door frame and seat tube? I just might get proficient at this...I'm sure the Collins Proline would be more than the craft is worth....

Proline 21 is The Bomb! I use it approx 16 days a month and absolutely love it.

Kurt
    Ex-Vice President

63' Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurts View Post
    Proline 21 is The Bomb! I use it approx 16 days a month and absolutely love it.

Kurt
    Your aviation geek is showing.

SWPC 15480