WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Starting chapter in Southern Wisconsin, Northern Illinois

Default Starting chapter in Southern Wisconsin, Northern Illinois

Anyone out there have any interest in a creating a Chapter for Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin? Kind of a box between Rockford, Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee.

We should have some members who are active in the region and are looking to get involved in some way other than sitting around a table. That could be any interest in Short wing pipers, flyin, fixin or just hanging out and being part of the club. I believe that the minimum for a chapter is five. Also, hopefully if approved at the convention we could give out some student memberships to young people in this area as well.

I would like to offer hangar space at 61C as well as my 30 plus years of maintenance experience for any SWPC activity. This could be a leaseback or joint ownership of a SWP aircraft, forming a parts buying group, practicing tasks, i.e welding, bending metal and drilling holes, fabric repairs or just a place to meet and share SWP info.

If interested please post private message on my board.

Todd

+1 I based at 1C8.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by 61Chuck View Post
    Anyone out there have any interest in a creating a Chapter for Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin? Kind of a box between Rockford, Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee.

We should have some members who are active in the region and are looking to get involved in some way other than sitting around a table. That could be any interest in Short wing pipers, flyin, fixin or just hanging out and being part of the club. I believe that the minimum for a chapter is five. Also, hopefully if approved at the convention we could give out some student memberships to young people in this area as well.

I would like to offer hangar space at 61C as well as my 30 plus years of maintenance experience for any SWPC activity. This could be a leaseback or joint ownership of a SWP aircraft, forming a parts buying group, practicing tasks, i.e welding, bending metal and drilling holes, fabric repairs or just a place to meet and share SWP info.

If interested please post private message on my board.

Todd
    Todd, I can get you a list of members/owners in your area if you like..

Peter Lubig
    Previous SW President