WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Mid-America Chapter Meeting

Default Mid-America Chapter Meeting

The Mid-America Chapter meeting will meet in Lebanon,Mo. on February 13th. We usually meet at the airport at 11AM. We are hoping for good weather and everyone is invited to attend.

Fred Mayes

The Mid-America Chapter met in Lebanon, Mo. today. We had an excellent dinner at Dowd's Cat Fish restaurant with ten Members attending. Bill Lynch, Dave Taylor and Sid Brain flew in. N7478K stayed in the hangar as this is its home base.
    It is a cold day but we all had a good time and we did not have to worry about the Convention.

Fred Mayes
    N7478K

The Mid-America Chapter will meet at K81, Miami Co. Airport Paola, Ks. March 12. We hope for good weather and attendance.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K

Fred,

Ugh, it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, at least here in STL. AND, I have my kids, my wife has her all district choir tomorrow for work (elementary music teacher.) One of these months I will meet up with you! The airplane is finished but only has thirty minutes on the new exhaust.

Jim
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6861..jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	157 Bytes 
ID:	2639
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

Jim, maybe some of the latter dates will work better and may be closer to you.

Fred Mayes

Fred, I haven't forgotten. I had a good time at Sun N Fun, the ride down and back not so much. I'll be in El Paso on May 14th working (that is also the weekend of the STEM airshow here in STL with the Blue Angels). Beyond that I don't know my schedule. I'll keep trying!

Jim

SWPC 15480

Hi Jim
    We will have a meeting one of these days that will work for you. Just fly to LBO and I will buy you lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Mayes View Post
    Hi Jim
    We will have a meeting one of these days that will work for you. Just fly to LBO and I will buy you lunch.
    Fred, I'll have to do that! Heck you guys have an SDF approach? I haven't seen one of those in 20 years or more!

What is your availability like during the week? I usually work every other week.

Jim

SWPC 15480

Jim, that would be great. Jim, about 35 years ago I contacted Wilcox electronics in K.C. about a Localizer for the Lebanon airport. The city bought the loc., but when it was installed the FAA marked the approach charts wrong. I tried for years to get it corrected but it involved a lot of red tape.
    It is not a SDF. It is a loc. It may be shut down now because we have two GPS approaches now and it cost the City $24000 a year to maintain+ parts and labor.
    The model # is a 1261 Localizer and the SDF is a 1260 model and the FAA screwed up.
    Jim, I am retired so any time will work for me. During the week is good.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K
    SWPC 1534

Mid-America Chapter of SWPC will have the May meeting at the Kingsley Airport about 30 mile West of Springfield, Mo. This is a neat grass airport where they have Skydiving, Crop spraying going on. Everyone is invited. The Restaurant is on the Airport.
    The ident of airport is MO9.