WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Usable Fuel Capacity

Default Usable Fuel Capacity

Is there a published, or generally accepted, USABLE fuel capacity for a PA-22/150 Tri-pacer? If so, what is it? Thanks. Dennnis

The short answer is no. The TCDS lists the capacity as 36 total, 18 per wing. I figure my 22/20 is about 33-34 useable, the stock Tripe may or may not get a full 36.

Jim
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

Thanks. After asking, I thought what a silly question. Usable fuel is probably abut a useless number. Maybe a little usable (sorry!) for flight planning if you're confident of your fuel-burn numbers. Only way I know I've exhausted usable fuel in one of the tanks is when the engine starts sputtering. But thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by soquetero View Post
    Thanks. After asking, I thought what a silly question. Usable fuel is probably abut a useless number. Maybe a little usable (sorry!) for flight planning if you're confident of your fuel-burn numbers. Only way I know I've exhausted usable fuel in one of the tanks is when the engine starts sputtering. But thanks for the reply!
    I calibrated my dipstick on my dry right tank, it only reads to 17.7 gallons. It is more important to know what your airplane holds, after 50-70 years they are all a little different.

Jim
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480