WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New member Oswego County New York

Cool New member Oswego County New York

Iím a new member and fly out of Oswego County airport. I have a deposit in on a 57 Tri-Pacer 150. Waiting on clear title and pre purchase inspection. My main concern is fabric. Iíd like to be comfortable as to what to expect for costs and what issues I can anticipate. Looks like the right plane for me, but Iíve heard horror stories of cost to refabric on order of $20k. Any thoughts on this?

Welcome to the Short Wing Piper Club. The cost to recover a Short Wing varies on how much repair that has to be done on airframe and wings. 20,000 may be on the low side for wings and fuselage.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K

Mike,

I recovered all of my aircraft with the exception of the fuselage (wings, all control surfaces, stabilizers) and I spent a little less than $4,000 in materials. I did the work myself under the supervision of an IA so I don't have a good labor number for you. I also agree with Fred, you just don't know what you'll have to do until you get the airplane opened up and there is also the inevitable "while we are in here" items. Good luck and welcome to the Short Wing community!
    N7743D 1957 PA-22/20-150 "Super Pacer" based 1H0

SWPC 15480

Thank you. Should be interesting.

Not on your topic, but to let you know we may be neighbors next summer. I have a '61 Colt here in Florida and spend my summers near Altmar. Hope to find a hangar in Richland. Did some flying this summer out of Oswego County.