X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huskytracks
    New Forumator
    • May 2013

Tripacer tailpipe support question

Does anyone have a good picture of were the tailpipe supports go on a Tripacer? Mine came with both
    missing and I am not sure where front one attaches to the exhaust stack.
  • Tom Anderson
    Forum Administrator
    • Nov 2006

Huskytracks,

You can get some idea of how the support tubes attach to the tail pipe, the muffler, and the exhaust manifold either from the parts manual or by looking at Service Letter 134C. The rear support goes from the tail pipe up to the muffler and is attached to the muffler via a large clamp that goes around the right side of the muffler. The forward support goes from the tail pipe up to a tab that is welded to the inside of the exhaust manifold near where the down stack from the #1 cylinder intersects the manifold. I believe the tab is actually welded to the down stack. If you don't have a tab on the tail pipe, you can use an exhaust clamp around the tail pipe to attach the supports. If there is no tab on the exhaust manifold, you can also use a clamp there, but I would eventually get that repair welded.

You do not want to fly the plane very long without these supports as you will crack the muffler where it connects to the tail pipe.

Tom Anderson

Comment

Working...