WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Returning Member and N5544Z

Default Returning Member and N5544Z

Hello Short Wingers,

Allen McInnish, a.k.a.; Chief Mac returning to the Club. Currently, N5544Z, a 1962 Piper Colt is in my care. Along with the previous owner and my A&P license, the Colt has a fresh engine, exhaust system, a leather interior and numerous other upgrades. The SkyBeacon STC is the choice for the Colt's ADS-B out equipment.
    A Colt fuselage, in the tailwheel configuration, has come to my attenion. I am seriously considering sacrificing my systems to bring N5544Z back to life as a taildragger.
    My Family is looking forward to returning to Florida or Alabama, in the Spring. So, N5544Z will become a Southerner, enjoying a lot more flight time and agreeable weather to match.
    Contact me via this forum any time.
    Glad to be back
    Chief Mac

Hey Chief Mac,

Welcome back to the club and keep us posted on what you decide to do with N5544Z! I am currently living in southern Maryland. but will be moving to sorthern Tennessee this summer, maybe we can go flying sometime.

Cheers,

Steve

Absolutely! The airfield my Colt will be located is Ashland/Lineville airport (26A). I will be looking forward to the better flying weather and getting some instruction in mountain flying related to the Smokey Mountain range. Keep me informed where you land (pun intended).

Allen

Hi Allen,

If all goes well I will be on my own 2500' grass strip just outside of Morrison TN.

Steve

Steve,
    To say I'm jealous would be an understatement. Morrison is due North of 26A. Let's keep tabs & later in the year we can do some flying. I noticed Morrison is between Nashville and Northwest of Chattanooga. That should be a 2-3 hour flight from 26A.
    Just two weeks ago I had to kill the deal on a private strip/hangar and home in Florida. When I did the research on the air strip, the FAA and DOT warned me not to fly in or out of that air strip - it was not legal nor, recognized as an operating airfield. RATS! Almost had a sweet setup.
    Enjoy some flying when you can,
    Allen

Allen,

You are correct on the location and I look forward to having fellow short wing planes and pilots dropping in for a burger or hotdog. Will we see you at the convention in June?

Steve

Steve,

I will be in the middle of building a house or buying one. The relocation is being held up by weather and the sale of my present house in CT. I really do not have a measure on attending the convention. If all goes well, I will attend otherwise, I will be settling into my new home in the Glorious South. We are looking so forward to warmer weather.

Allen