WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Heated Pitot Tubr

Post Heated Pitot Tubr

I live in Cold Country and have a 1953 PA22/20. I am interested in any information available on a STC for a heated Pitot Tube.

Thank you

There are two STCs listed for the PA-22 on the Maintenance Data Depot. One of them is suppose to be in the public domain, however getting the data out of the FAA is like pulling teeth. I did get the data for SA1-386 after I threatened the FAA with a Freedom of Information Act request. The FAA won't issue a permission to use letter, but the data and drawings can be used as data for a field approval. Since you are a member of the club I can forward this data to you. Let me know if you are still interested.

Tom Anderson

Tom, I was thinking the Club ownd an STC for this. Am I thinking of something else?

Steve,

To my knowledge the only STC the club owns is for the installation of an Continental A65 in a Vagabond versus the standard Lycoming. STC SA1-386 was turned over to the FAA by the original owner stating that it was in the public domain. I have a redacted copy of the letter. I also have a copy of the drawings and the installation instructions that were submitted to get the original STC back in 1959. The company that own the other STC SA2142WE I believe is out of business and it's an orphan STC.

Tom

That's right. I remember that now.