WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Sutton Exhaust for Pa-20, O-320

Default Sutton Exhaust for Pa-20, O-320

Sutton Exhaust installation just about complete. Now I need to hear from you PA-20/22 guys who have already done the installation. How did you handle the wt and balance change short of reweighing? The info supplied by Sutton in the STC only applies to a PA-18 and this multi year, 13 page thread does not address wt & balance. I have also read numerous 337ís for field approvals and they only state that the wt and balance change are recorded in the aircraft records. So what was the weight and arm of the original system and what is the arm of the new?

Quote Originally Posted by rgoering View Post
    Sutton Exhaust installation just about complete. Now I need to hear from you PA-20/22 guys who have already done the installation. How did you handle the wt and balance change short of reweighing? The info supplied by Sutton in the STC only applies to a PA-18 and this multi year, 13 page thread does not address wt & balance. I have also read numerous 337ís for field approvals and they only state that the wt and balance change are recorded in the aircraft records. So what was the weight and arm of the original system and what is the arm of the new?
    A little late, but on my PA-16, the weight difference is six lbs. Original exhaust was 16.62 lbs, I guessed that it was at Station -5. Sutton Exhaust is 10.62 lbs, and again kind of a guess as station -22. Those guesses were based on using a tape measure from the firewall, and the firewall is station -2.