X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coastie13
    New Forumator
    • Jun 2019

What happened to our Chapter??

The last post was over a year ago, no Short wingers in AZ? Best place to fly all year around. Just brought another one to our hanger N3119Z that makes a total of 3. Offer all repairs, including Avionics, and flight instruction on short wing pipers, in fact all things piper happen here.
  • Coastie13
    New Forumator
    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Coastie13
    The last post was over a year ago, no Short wingers in AZ? Best place to fly all year around. Just brought another one to our hanger N3119Z that makes a total of 3. Offer all repairs, including Avionics, and flight instruction on short wing pipers, in fact all things piper happen here.
    Been a Month now and no response, guess this is a dead thread, kinda like this whole site!

Comment

• portouwl
      Master Forumator
      • Aug 2005

What happened to our Chapter?

Good question. I'm in AZ (E95- Benson). SW folks all seem to be stuck in email, I think. I must admit to not being on here for quite a while. Have run into the odd situation where my ISP blocks the SWPC and this forum, but I can get to them if I'm on a VPN.
      Larry Portouw
      N8141C PA-22
      E95/Benson, AZ

Comment

• Fred Mayes
        SWPC Secretary
        • Oct 2013

What happend to our Chapter is a good question. Coastie 13 said no one answered his thread. I don't know who Coastie 13 is and would like to know who I am talking to. That is part of the problem and another is poor attendance to the Chapter meetings. The SWPC attendance is down at the Convention also. I have not seen Coastie 13 registered at the Convention either. I believe there were just three people from Arizona at the Convention last year. The point is we have to participate in this Forum, Chapter, SWPC or anything else to make a go of it.

Fred Mayes
        Pacer N7478K
        Secretary SWPC

Comment

• portouwl
          Master Forumator
          • Aug 2005

What happened to our Chapter??

Fred, I agree with all. I fell out of the habit of checking here because of access problems. I still have to use a work around- ISP issue. There are so many time demands these days, and competition for attention. I fear that forums like this will be the next to disappear as listservs have. SW has a Shutterfly site for posting pictures and a calendar- no one uses it. SW events from the most recent SWPC News:
          January 18: Deer Valley Airport Restaurant, 10 a.m.
          February 8: Copper State in Buckeye AZ at 10 a.m.
          March 21-22: Luke AFB Airshow, near front gate, 11 a.m. on the 21st
          April 18: At Chandler Airport restaurant at 11 a.m.
          May 16: Marana Regional (Avra Valley) at 10 a.m.
          June 22-28: SWPC Annual Convention, Wichita, KS; hotel: Best Western
          Convention Center North East; Jabara Airfield for the Meet ‘n Greet
          September: TBD, Southwest Regional
          October-December: To Be Determined (by chapter members)
          Larry Portouw
          N8141C PA-22
          E95/Benson, AZ

Comment

• Coastie13
            New Forumator
            • Jun 2019

There is someone out there! I also see the new fly-ins for 2020. Although they are all in the PHX area I will probably be at them all. Wichita, KS is a tad too far for me. I don't understand the fly-in at Luke AFB, due to the fact that they aren't going to let us fly into there, Glendale or Goodyear are the closet airports to there. AVQ (Marana Regional) is just down the street and is almost finished with there renovations.

Fred...as secretary I would think that you would know that all you have to do is click on my name, and then click on About me and you have the info.

I have been participating in the forums, joined just as the convention in Wichita, was getting underway.
            Have all SWPC News all in print form
            have the drawings CD
            Have the tip & techniques CD and hard cover
            Rigging USB
            Used and donated to the Lib. It seems only a few get mentioned for donating, but don't really care.

I think I have been doing more than my part as a member.

Nice to meet you Larry, if you are ever in the Tucson area, RYN, stop by. There are 3 Tri-pacer owners there, we give flight reviews in the tri-pacer here too.

Larry and Fred.... I was trying to figure out the tag at the bottom that both of you have, been trying to figure how to do that. Not really good at the internet stuff.

Comment

• Fred Mayes
              SWPC Secretary
              • Oct 2013

Hello Coastie 13
              When you wrote the first thread in November You did not ask a question so I did not realize you wanted an answer, until you wrote the second thread a moth later. I still do not know your name, but that is ok.
              I am glad you give Flight reviews in the SW. It seems they are short Flight Instructors who will give dual or Flight Reviews in SW in some areas of the Country.
              I hope maybe you will decide to come to the Convention. When you get out of AZ. and N.M. you are almost there.

Fred Mayes

Comment

Working...