WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New from Charleston SC

Default New from Charleston SC

Hope everyone is doing well. My name is Ben and I am a student pilot in Charleston SC flying currently out of KRBW. Today I signed papers to purchase my first aircraft. A 1953 Piper Pa22/20 conversion. I'm incredibly excited. Flying it home this week!

I look forward into diving into this world!

Hey Ben,
    The 22/20 is a great flying plane. Enjoy getting to know tailwheels. I bought mine 3 years ago and still love going out and doing pattern work. Just keep flying her until the prop stops!

brian heidt,
    N999VL a 58 PA22/20

Thanks Brian,

I plan on flying as much as I can. Iím trying build time towards my commercial license eventually. I have been blessed to take lessons in a few different Tailwheels including a Stinson 108-2, Cessna 170b, and a Luscombe 8E. Iím looking forward to finishing my training in such a cool machine! Awesome to have a good community to rely on as well.

Ben

Welcome to the Club. You've flown some good classics for experience. They all have their pros and cons. I think you will like the "Pacer". It is economical (for an airplane), fairly easy to work on, and parts are available. And it doesn't take up much room in a hangar. I just hope the fabric is up to par and the tubing isn't rusty, or the economical part just went out the window.